City fans writing John Stones off too early?

I keep reading Stones being completely written off.

But if we’re going to win the Champions League this season, I think he’s absolutely key to it.

People forget he started more games than Kompany in the Centurions season. And started 50% more games than Kompany in the Domestic Treble season.

He was easily England’s best centre back in the World Cup and was an automatic starter, way ahead of Slab Head.

He’s easily our best defender on the ball and our build up play from the back invariably starts with him.

He’s got an incredible record alongside Laporte, they complement each other so well. Laporte attacks on the front foot, allowing Stones to sweep in behind.

He’s not capable of leading the line himself, and should never play alongside Otamendi ever again. But alongside Laporte, that’s a combination with a proven track record of winning big games and winning trophies.

I like Garcia, and don’t mind Otamendi as a 4th choice back up. Fernandinho is a City legend, but we’ve never looked entirely comfortable with him at centre back.

I just can’t see us going all the way to winning the CL with any of those at centre back.

But Stones alongside Laporte, if they can both stay fit and in form, they’re the best chance we’ve got.
Think you had better get in touch with pep, because it is obvious, he does not fancy him. !

The disrespect towards Stones on here is disgraceful.

People have very short memories.

He has played a MAJOR role in securing two titles for us as well as countless other trophies.

Yes he has had a very tough time in the last year-18 months both personally and professionally but he can still be great again.

With Garcia going, we should keep hold of him.

The disrespect towards Stones on here is disgraceful.

People have very short memories.

He has played a MAJOR role in securing two titles for us as well as countless other trophies.

Yes he has had a very tough time in the last year-18 months both personally and professionally but he can still be great again.

With Garcia going, we should keep hold of him.
There’s been some disgraceful comments about Stones by blues who really should know better.

There was similar comments about David Silva after we’d bought Gundogan. A little cabal writing Silva off and saying Gundogan was an upgrade. You don’t see many admitting to that now.

Hopefully Stones can prove his doubters wrong just as emphatically as Dave did.

Its shit or bust for Stones this season , he either steps up to the challenge of the new arrivals/signings or he joins a mid table team like Everton,Goons, Newcastle etc., his value has plummetted due to his injury issues / form and the corona virus affecting clubs finances , he has had a shot at the top level and ultimately it looks like he has failed.A real shame because he showed all the potential in the first couple of seasons , dont wish the lad any ill will but i dont think his future is with us.

There’s been some disgraceful comments about Stones by blues who really should know better.

There was similar comments about David Silva after we’d bought Gundogan. A little cabal writing Silva off and saying Gundogan was an upgrade. You don’t see many admitting to that now.

Hopefully Stones can prove his doubters wrong just as emphatically as Dave did.
Never read one post about our new signing's been an upgrade on the Magican.

He needs to be gone as he is a liability and isn’t good enough for us . We got dinked by18 points last season and we are looking to bridge that gap by bringing in better players .john stones playing in the he team ain’t gonna cut that gap .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.