Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't disagree. I can only assume all of this is public negotiating but strange at the same time since all those involved know eachother quite well. How it can play out is clear and Pep & Txiki know full well no board would be open to overpaying much less market value for a player of their own who left despite being prioritized (Going out the backdoor, as it were). Eric knows this and certainly Pep & Txiki do too

I was thinking again about how Pep described the announcement of Garcia and I couldn't decide if it was anger or disappointment from him but I also cannot imagine this going beyond summer. There are negative consequences for City to hold onto a player in Eric's situation since I do not see it equal to Leroy, for example

Txiki is sharp, certainly sharper than our sporting reps so I think it gets done quickly, and hopefully without too much bad blood - would not be good for anyone

Other than having to look at his moping face for the year , I’m not entirely sure what other negative consequences we would encounter. The management are good people and won’t hold him since he doesn’t want to be here, but they’re not idiots either. You have money and both want and apparently need him, so your club needs to cough up or wait.

Thing is. The reason Garcia is more valuable to us than his ability suggests. Is that he is club trained and doesn't take a foreign spot. Which means that we wouldn't be able to replace him with another foreign CB.

So Pep might decide that he is worth more as cover for Koulibaly (or whoever we sign). Even for a year. Than say 10m in cash. Which is nothing to us.

Agreed. But again, it's the cantera aspect - it's not a minor aspect of this transfer. Moreover, there is a real risk of widening a chasm between Pep & Barca if negotiations are drawn out or acrimonious. Won't matter the least to City fans but not the case for cules and I wager Pep as well

I don't disagree. I can only assume all of this is public negotiating but strange at the same time since all those involved know eachother quite well. How it can play out is clear and Pep & Txiki know full well no board would be open to overpaying much less market value for a player of their own who left despite being prioritized (Going out the backdoor, as it were). Eric knows this and certainly Pep & Txiki do too

I was thinking again about how Pep described the announcement of Garcia and I couldn't decide if it was anger or disappointment from him but I also cannot imagine this going beyond summer. There are negative consequences for City to hold onto a player in Eric's situation since I do not see it equal to Leroy, for example

Txiki is sharp, certainly sharper than our sporting reps so I think it gets done quickly, and hopefully without too much bad blood - would not be good for anyone
Oh, it was anger. Believe that!

Other than having to look at his moping face for the year , I’m not entirely sure what other negative consequences we would encounter. The management are good people and won’t hold him since he doesn’t want to be here, but they’re not idiots either. You have money and both want and apparently need him, so your club needs to cough up or wait.

Sitting him out for a year would have negative consequences to Pep & Txiki - not just with Barca with whom there will always be a connection but each & every other youth player that considers a move to Etihad. Eric, is not Leroy either - he is not a disciplinary concern, it will appear punitive and that will have a cascading effect even to teammates

As I say, I cannot see a scenario where Pep & Txiki align to seriously consider the 'nuclear' option. I think it's part of the negotiating stance but I believe leverage is all with Barca this time

PSV were the favorites to sign Eric Garcia this summer.

But after hearing the price we were quoting, they decided to target Phil Jones instead.

Garcia then chose Barca as an alternative. Big opportunity missed for the youngster.

Reminds me of this loon...

1-phil-jones.jpg

You have not got a pot to piss in, you're skint.

It shows how you have fallen when your priority signing of the summer is a virtually untried kid.

You are in a desperate position financially, and in terms of infrastructure and football.

I feel your pain lol.

It's a lovely narrative but largely fiction but keep telling yourself that Barca will be relegated and be in line for food stamps shortly, esp. when Leo retires

I have no pain in this. I am thrilled for the pending return of one of our own. My only concern is for Pep's reputation to stay intact, it has been smeared too much by local fools long enough - a drawn out transfer for a player like Garcia would really push him even further from the club. Not the kind of line in the sand I would hope Guardiola would really want to cross

Barça will not pay for Eric Garcia the same as what City has invested in Ferran Torres (23 + 12), a player who was a 1st team player at Valencia (85 appearances vs 22)

If a reasonable agreement is not found, around 10 million, the club will wait for him to be freely signed in January

Except he can’t actually leave in January can he. So he can rot on his arse for a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.