Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you might be overstating this as a factor mate.

Pep won’t be the one making the decisions on this, and I don’t think there is any appetite amongst the hierarchy at City (Txiki included) to do Barca any favours for sentimentality’s sake.

Despite the historic links between our Execs and Barca, there is no love lost between them and your current board - as you well know. Even Pep had a very public and angry pop at your club recently after the CAS result.

Definitely won’t have helped your case with the snide timing of the leak just before our game with Real Madrid either.

You’ll have to meet us closer to our valuation, or my sense is City will prove to be very awkward over this.
Have you considered the slightest possibility that the intervening years Pep has had away from the Barcelona bubble May have coloured his opinion of the club, and he might not care about his reputation with Barca fans as you would like to think? You forget the reasons why he left both Barcelona and Bayern were that he was constantly engaged in club politics. He has far more of a free hand in Manchester which is why he believe he is still here. In my humble opinion he has already stayed longer than he originally intended, and is considering staying longer. I also believe he has goals beyond Manchester City. He has already talked about managing in Italy, the U.S. and a National team. Whilst I’m not ruling a return to Barcelona one day, it could be a while off. Any haggling over Eric Garcia several years or more previously isn’t going to have a bearing.

Give your head a wobble. The feelings of Barcelona fans are not first and foremost for anybody other Barcelona fans.

Exactly no one gives 2 fucks about Barca’s feelings except Barca fans
You want Garcia then stump up the asking price or fuck off
Show us your money or shut the fuck up and fuck off back to Las Ramblas or in FC Barca’s case some shit hole in Switzerland

Sick of people and teams thinking we are a charity or taking the piss
We are MCFC and fucking massive club who on the last 5 years form are in the top 5 in Europe
Show us some fucking respect

wager youll sign him and hell be sold in 2 years.

barking on cantera this and that you sound like that shite in stretford "the united way"

We owe barca nothing same as bayern pay or piss off simple ...

Pot,Kettle,Black springs to mind especially after the hissyfit you lot had over neymar when psg pulled your pants down.

Messi is Barcelona how long can he carry the team? Think Madrid will win the league again next season they have a top manager and better players.

wager youll sign him and hell be sold in 2 years.

barking on cantera this and that you sound like that shite in stretford "the united way"

We owe barca nothing same as bayern pay or piss off simple ...

Pot,Kettle,Black springs to mind especially after the hissyfit you lot had over neymar when psg pulled your pants down.
When they signed Martin Braithwaite, Barca lost all respect and credibility.

Disgusting the way you treated Leganes, treated them with contempt but karma is a woman.

The fact that it would even cross anyone's mind that laboured negotiations would create friction between Pep and Barcelona is fucking hysterical.
First of all, no right minded Barca supporter is going to hold it against him and secondly, it wouldn't change the fact that if Pep said he wanted to return to the club tomorrow then they'd immediately roll out the red carpet and kiss his feet as he struts in.

As if he's arsed about making things easier for his former club at the expense of his current one. The man's a professional for fuck's sake and you've got to love the arrogance of someone who seems to think that all Barcelona have to do is click their fingers and their natives will do whatever the club want like good little boys. Fuck me, I'd understand the delusion five or six years ago but they aren't that level anymore.

Talk about living in dreamland.

It's a lovely narrative but largely fiction but keep telling yourself that Barca will be relegated and be in line for food stamps shortly, esp. when Leo retires

I have no pain in this. I am thrilled for the pending return of one of their own. My only concern is for Pep's reputation to stay intact, it has been smeared too much by local fools long enough - a drawn out transfer for a player like Garcia would really push him even further from the club. Not the kind of line in the sand I would hope Guardiola would really want to cross
Fixed that for you!

It's a lovely narrative but largely fiction but keep telling yourself that Barca will be relegated and be in line for food stamps shortly, esp. when Leo retires

I have no pain in this. I am thrilled for the pending return of one of our own. My only concern is for Pep's reputation to stay intact, it has been smeared too much by local fools long enough - a drawn out transfer for a player like Garcia would really push him even further from the club. Not the kind of line in the sand I would hope Guardiola would really want to cross

You worry about your shitey manager, and we'll worry about ours. He may be a Barca fan but if you're going to disrespect him repeatedly then don't be shocked when he tells you where to shove it.

Agreed. But again, it's the cantera aspect - it's not a minor aspect of this transfer. Moreover, there is a real risk of widening a chasm between Pep & Barca if negotiations are drawn out or acrimonious. Won't matter the least to City fans but not the case for cules and I wager Pep as well

You do realise that Pep and Txiki work for City? Aside from that, i'm not sure they have any secondary loyalties to Barca either. After all, we took Garcia from Barca in the first place. I have seen nothing to suggest that our relationship with Barca is any better than it is with the other G-14 clubs.

The reality is this: Garcia is on a very low wage, since he hasn't signed a new deal after entering the first-team. So if you are only offering 10m, then the cost of him staying for a year would be 10m + his wages. So we would hardly be losing much by letting him go on a free next year.

I have no pain in this. I am thrilled for the pending return of one of our own. My only concern is for Pep's reputation to stay intact, it has been smeared too much by local fools long enough - a drawn out transfer for a player like Garcia would really push him even further from the club. Not the kind of line in the sand I would hope Guardiola would really want to cross
Incidentally how are FC Berne doing these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.