Champions league new look

To be fair bud, they want to play more games not less because it will make them even more money.

I know it’s because of the virus but I think a last 16 knockout tournament in a neutral country is a great idea going forward.

I'd go for domestic seasons running August - April (maximum 18 team league) then having a World Cup style 32 team tournament for the Champions League and Europa League in May/early June in a host country. Qualifiers could be fit in in March/April. Have a festival of football.

How lucky are a shitehouse amateur channel like BT to get a high profile mini tournament ,hopefully this might hasten the end of replays and the annoying away goals rule

How lucky are a shitehouse amateur channel like BT to get a high profile mini tournament ,hopefully this might hasten the end of replays and the annoying away goals rule

Away goals were brought in to stop teams turning up and parking the bus as was the reason to increase wins from 2 points to 3 in the domestic leagues. In the main it has worked. Older fans will remember going to home European games where we were drawn at home first and being bored to tears and ending up not going to these games. Fenerbache still haunts me.

Away goals were brought in to stop teams turning up and parking the bus as was the reason to increase wins from 2 points to 3 in the domestic leagues. In the main it has worked. Older fans will remember going to home European games where we were drawn at home first and being bored to tears and ending up not going to these games. Fenerbache still haunts me.
Yeah I get that but it strikes me as an unfair way to do it,i also find it impossible to keep track of during game,a straight knock out is my preference

Our last home game v Real was not our usual game. It wasn't quite parking the bus but we were scared of conceding at home.

Re next week's tournament, I'd think we'd be happier with two-leg games. Less chance of a single defensive lapse costing us (or a VARcical decision).

Last edited:
I know it’s because of the virus but I think a last 16 knockout tournament in a neutral country is a great idea going forward.

It's unlikely to happen as it's less matches, and also needs space in the schedule. Can't see anytime they'd carve two weeks out in a normal season.

I'm really excited about it though. The match last night felt even more important as we "qualified" for the tournament. If we only have one game that would be disappointing, but after all the crap we've had it feels a little bit special - I'll love to win this one and have an asterisk next to it as something unique.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.