City fans writing John Stones off too early?

The fact that he's been fifth choice this season and we've already signed one centre back this summer, and are looking to sign at least one more would suggest his days are numbered. I think the only way he stays is if both Otamendi and Garcia leave, and we fail to land another centre back.

The fact that he's been fifth choice this season and we've already signed one centre back this summer, and are looking to sign at least one more would suggest his days are numbered. I think the only way he stays is if both Otamendi and Garcia leave, and we fail to land another centre back.

Stones is either unfit, or making mistakes ... he needs to be shipped out of City.

And I've watched that Koubilaby tonite , he's even worse, he's an awful defender ... definitely one to avoid!

Stones has somehow been at City for four years now, and all i've seen from him , in the main, have been injuries, mistakes and uncertainty ... sure he chips in with the odd goal, but its not enough .... our defence still isn't right , and persevering with John Stones is definitely not the answer.

Koulibaly definitely gave Stones a lifeline at City with his performance last night. Yes, he was up against Messi, but he struggled with the basics at times.

John is a good player. If he can get his head straight on and off the pitch, get a good run of games and remain injury free then he'll be a solid option at the back for us.

Koulibaly definitely gave Stones a lifeline at City with his performance last night. Yes, he was up against Messi, but he struggled with the basics at times.

John is a good player. If he can get his head straight on and off the pitch, get a good run of games and remain injury free then he'll be a solid option at the back for us.

You don’t seriously believe one mediocre game from Koulibaly will make Pep and City think ”oh well Kalidou has been on our shortlist for a few years but he wasn’t great against Messi. Maybe Stones is better after all?”

Koulibaly still has amazing attributes and one of the very best. Can’t believe people change their opinion about him after facing Messi, a player who has turned Sergio Ramos inside out on multiple occasions. It’s laughable to even suggest this discussion is about Stones vs. Koulibaly. The former couldn’t even lace his shoes.

IMO Stones is like Mendy. I don't mind him being in the squad, but we cannot rely on him. You've got to assume he's going to be injured or a mess the entire time, and if he's not - great, an extra defender.

You've got to assume he's going to be injured or a mess the entire time, and if he's not - great, an extra defender.

So why in God’s name would we keep a player we can’t rely on? It makes zero fkng sense. Aké, Laporte and Koulibaly can all look after themselves in the backline. Stones need someone to hold his hand for him to put in a decent performance. Johns weakness got exposed the minute Laporte got injured.

If any manager can get the best from a player it's Pep. Stones has shown he has the ability, sometimes it can take time to get back to full fitness after a succession of injuries, or have his mindset fully right. I think this season will be key for Stones, he can get back to how good he can be or drift and end up somewhere like Newcastle.

He's been part of our title winning sides though and deserves the chance to continue. I rate him more highly than Garcia and Otamendi, I'd love to see us keep him and watch him get his form back. Stones at his best is one of the best defenders in the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.