Seasoncard Amnesty

Why would you give up a season ticket if someone wanted to use it? My son went off to uni in the USA after the 2011/2012 season. I kept his ticket thinking he'd be back sooner or later but he's still there, married and unlikely to ever come back here (unless Trump wins in November, in which case he reckons he's on the first plane back). So someone uses his ticket but now they can have it in their own name. I know people who use tickets where the person named is coming up to 65 and therefore they'd automatically be charged the concessionary rate even though the user should pay full adult price.

So we've been asking for this for a while and really should have done it last summer but the club wasn't sure about a few things so we missed the opportunity.

What if your son comes back? re-transfer the card back to him?

Does this end up with a 'black market' of transferring ST names instead of people waiting on the list?

Why would you give up a season ticket if someone wanted to use it? My son went off to uni in the USA after the 2011/2012 season. I kept his ticket thinking he'd be back sooner or later but he's still there, married and unlikely to ever come back here (unless Trump wins in November, in which case he reckons he's on the first plane back). So someone uses his ticket but now they can have it in their own name. I know people who use tickets where the person named is coming up to 65 and therefore they'd automatically be charged the concessionary rate even though the user should pay full adult price.

So we've been asking for this for a while and really should have done it last summer but the club wasn't sure about a few things so we missed the opportunity.

i was asking liam btw but fare enough

btw

does the new season ticket holder keep the points from the person they're taking their season ticket from ?

What if your son comes back? re-transfer the card back to him?

Does this end up with a 'black market' of transferring ST names instead of people waiting on the list?
It's a one-off opportunity, which was planned anyway but has been precipitated by the current situation. If my son says no, then we don't do it. If he agrees then comes back, he'd have to go on the waiting list (if we have one). The club need the right contact details for everyone attending games so even if you aren't planning to transfer your ST then you'll have to ensure your details are in order on the database.

The same situation exists at Liverpool and certainly used to at Old Trafford. Mate of mine (now sadly passed on) had something like 9 tickets which he rented out.

I can see them installing facial recognition in the future, to check your ID as you use the turnstiles. If you let someone else use your card, it would be quite easy to upload their picture and details onto your supporter account. They've probably wanted to do something similar for a while but now with COVID, it means they can implement such a scheme without fear of pushback from the fans.

It's a one-off opportunity, which was planned anyway but has been precipitated by the current situation. If my son says no, then we don't do it. If he agrees then comes back, he'd have to go on the waiting list (if we have one). The club need the right contact details for everyone attending games so even if you aren't planning to transfer your ST then you'll have to ensure your details are in order on the database.

The same situation exists at Liverpool and certainly used to at Old Trafford. Mate of mine (now sadly passed on) had something like 9 tickets which he rented out.
come on

its an industry at utd

a rag i know sells her season ticket for about 14 of 19 home games and makes a massive profit for each game

as an aside,she's only had a season ticket for 4 years ,there waiting list of 100,000 is bollocks

I can see them installing facial recognition in the future, to check your ID as you use the turnstiles. If you let someone else use your card, it would be quite easy to upload their picture and details onto your supporter account. They've probably wanted to do something similar for a while but now with COVID, it means they can implement such a scheme without fear of pushback from the fans.

Not while masks are a must!

That explains the empty rows of seats against the less attractive opposition

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.