Thiago Alcantara

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see Thiago has joined Alaba is allegedly saying he doesn't want to join City...

I doubt Sane has too many good things to say. All the more reason to allow players to leave in a positive manner if they want to leave. Or risk them bad mouthing the club to their new teammates.

For what its worth, dont want thiago. But alaba would be class. Ferna replacement

Honestly I think the link to us will have come either to get the dippers to pay up OR so they can say he snubbed us for them.
I genuinely don't think we have any interest.
We're rebuilding so bringing him along with another old player (should we get Koulibaly) makes no sense.

The cheeky **** wouldn't even get in our side.

He's Gundogan but better. Better tackler, better dribbler, better passer, better at protecting the ball, more aggressive, more pace. He'd rarely get out of our side.

I wouldn't read too much into Ornstein's comment, I heard the podcast from a month ago and it was a very flaky "I've hear neither particularly wants a reunion but wouldn't rule it out" bollocks.

He'd be an incredibly signing but we just don't need him. Gundo isn't going anywhere and they do the same job.

I would be fine bringing in Thiago, because he's excellent (though Gundo would probably have to move on), and also fine making Liverpool pay up if they want him. We should do more of that.

I doubt Sane has too many good things to say. All the more reason to allow players to leave in a positive manner if they want to leave. Or risk them bad mouthing the club to their new teammates.

For what its worth, dont want thiago. But alaba would be class. Ferna replacement

Pep gave Thiago his first games for Barcelona B as a 15/16 year old. He's known him for 13+ years, played 150 games under his management in 2 countries. Pep famously made signing him a provision in his contract with Bayern Munich.

I don't think he'll be going to Leroy to get a read on Pep.

Similarly he's known Silva, Boateng, Xabi Alonso, Navas, Coutinho, Gnabry for years if he wants info about moving to England and the North West.

Alaba in a similar situation.

Not that i think Leroy would actually have much bad to say about the club.

Thiago is about as close to a Guardiola era Silva replacement as you could reasonably ask for. Having him and Gundogan as the two controller options would be great moving forwards.

Doesn’t improve us enough compared to potential signings in other areas of the pitch to warrant any expenditure.

Not fussed if he goes to the dippers either, their side relies on 3 cloggers in midfield, if they start putting technical guys in there their fullbacks will suffer

This guy is a bit of a myth, and at 29 (with the injuries he's had) would be a big gamble. A lot more better options out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.