A level results

My ears heard her say an "F". If im wrong then i will absolutely apologise.

I will also get them fucking syringed!

In addition to this I would guess that the private school cohort have more know-how and potentially money (fairly sure there was a fee for challenging grades when I was doing these exams a few years ago) when it comes to appealing results.

Gutted for those who have missed out because of downgrades and hope that unis are being more flexible and accommodating with grades. Also, taking a gap year and giving it another go is probably not the worst option this year given that things won’t be back to the previous norm for a while yet.
There are actually people who have had their grades downgraded to lower than their mock exams ffs. Everyone knows that nobody studies for mock exams. Imagine having your exam marked by an algorithm.

Talking of universities. The university of life must be popular judging from the amount of people on Facebook who say they studied there - the unoriginal, unfunny fuckers.
Sorry for going off topic, just needed to get that off my chest :-)

Basically means "I'm thick as fuck and likely to make posts about liking and sharing pics of churches being turned into mosques when they actually aren't and I don't go to church anyway"

I mean, it's been proven multiple times in the last few pages...

Not read, just logged on after working and saw an alert.

Genuinely heard an "F" and it wasnt me taking the piss.

Apologies to the lass concerned and to everyone on here.

Embarrassed lol

With the employability of a History degree, next week ;)
Don’t knock yourself fella. One of the best Safety Engineers I have ever worked with had a history degree. His dissertation was on medieval witchcraft of all things.
No background in physics or engineering but had a fantastic skill for organising and presenting complex information in a clear and structured format, something that most engineers are useless at. He now works for the ONR (Office for Nuclear Regulation) as an assessor.

I am very sorry to read this. If she genuinely feels that her grades do not reflect her true level of ability, then it is very much worth appealing. Advice should be sought through the designated Examinations Officer at her school.

I would also strongly recommend canvassing the views of the staff who were specifically responsible for teaching her to see if they think she has not been awarded the grades she truly deserved. It might just turn out that other members of her set for a particular subject have been similarly affected and the school is intending a wider review of the grades awarded to be undertaken.

Of course, by the time any issues get resolved, it might still be too late for a University place to be taken up.

But even so, there are still options. Unfortunately, I left teaching in August 2019. So I am very much out of the loop. However, I think I read somewhere that students might have the option of sitting an examination in the Autumn if the appeals process does not work out for them. Unfortunately, I don’t recall where I read this or even whether it applies to A level or GCSE. So it certainly requires verification. One of the boards (e.g. OCR, AQA, Edexcel) may
carry this information on their website or they could be rung directly.

Taking a year out might not turn out to be the worst option, given the uncertainty surrounding the future impact of Covid-19 and its impact on University teaching.

Lastly, on the Times Educational Supplement (TES) Forum this morning, some teachers were ruminating on their own A level results that they received when they were 18.

More than one mentioned that although they did not end up studying at their preferred university, the institution they subsequently went to and the course of study that they undertook were ones to which they were better suited.

Hope this helps in some way.

When the teacher-predicted grades were provided, they recommended that five of the psychology students (my daughter was one) would easily attain a grade A if they had an exam.
They were then notified by Ofqual that this wouldn't be acceptable and there would only be one allowed a grade A mark and also one of the class HAD to be given a grade U.
That is straight from my daughters psychology teacher who is also the vice principal at the Academy.

She is appealing her results but I'm currently not holding out much hope. The idiots at Ofqual don't even know how they are going to handle the appeals process yet.
So it's looking like she'll be resitting in October.

I don't understand why they couldn't or can't tell universities to delay their start dates until november. The kids could then sit their exams in October as they were going to do the re-sits then anyway.
Half the bloody uni's are only doing online lectures only for the first semester as well so offsetting the start/finish term dates wouldn't be such an inconvenience. That way they still get their precious money and the A levels are graded fairly on merit and not by a postcode lottery.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.