Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Messi to us would be great for shirt sales and would makes us even bigger on the commercial side but on the football side and I can’t believe I’m gonna say this but I don’t think he is good enough now to get in our team for the amount of wages he would cost .

People need to realise that as long as Mbappe plays for PSG then he will never join City - think which countries own the two clubs

Messi to us would be great for shirt sales and would makes us even bigger on the commercial side but on the football side and I can’t believe I’m gonna say this but I don’t think he is good enough now to get in our team for the amount of wages he would cost .
Commercially I think you’re correct but why the fuck do people bring up shirt sales?? That matters to Puma, not to us. Please stop perpetuating more media bullshit that players pay for themselves through shirt sales. They don’t. It’s nonsense. It’s untrue. It’s a myth.

Contract expires in 2022 at which point he is free to pick his own club. Agree that the political situation is a disadvantage to us but the same concept still applies. PSG can sell now for the highest bidder (i doubt they will), next year its last chance to sell so I would suggest there is a 70% chance he leaves next year. To what club? maybe they take 20% less from someone else than us but would they really take more of a hit? If we go in with £150m would they take less than £100m from someone else. I doubt it, and you have to factor in he has a say in it - where does he want to go? He could just run his contract out - in fact if I was his agent I would advise him to run it out.
Real Madrid bound 99.9%

If we're talking money is no object then Mbappe please, age and a hole we need filling when Aguero leaves

I know Messi would boil some piss but for longevity and what we need I'd have Mbappe over Messi all day long

I cant see Mbappe ever coming to City tbh. And if he did, hed be wanting out the minute Madrid have the funds to buy him. Peps the big draw for some of our targets as well. So this potentially bei g his last season, I can see that going against us as well

Commercially I think you’re correct but why the fuck do people bring up shirt sales?? That matters to Puma, not to us. Please stop perpetuating more media bullshit that players pay for themselves through shirt sales. They don’t. It’s nonsense. It’s untrue. It’s a myth.
Whether you like it or not mate all these little kids running around in city shirts in places like Tokyo and Mumbai etc bring exposure to us . I agree with puma getting the money for it but we also get the he exposure round the world aswell . I still can’t believe that I don’t think messi is good enough for us ha .

When will people realise the clubs don't see a penny of shirt sales!

To be honest shirt sales is one of many factors in the marketing of a club, A big signing will help the club sell everything it sells. All your sponsors benefit when you sign Messi everything you are linked with gets a boost.

When people think shirt sales it is much broader than that. Some players have a massive marketing appeal that you benefit from, a Messi is worth 1,000 phil jones' for example in terms of being the face of the club in the eyes of many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.