Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

Pivotal moment in our club's history this.

We've spent 10 years building everything towards winning on the world's biggest stage. Hiring Soriano, and Txiki and finally Pep, and still it's not worked.

But worse, we are not progressing. If it was like first we got knocked out in group stages and then got to the knockouts and then quarters and semis and finals? Well that might be ok.

But we aren't. Who can say we are more likely to win it next season? More than likely we'll be out in the first knock out stage again. Square root of fuck all chance of getting to the final let alone winning it.

I'm sorry but Pep is a busted flush now. He's consistently demonstrated he's a genius manager who can do incredible things, but at the same time does not have what it takes to out-smart his opponents in key knockout games. He cannot do it anymore.

I very much doubt we'll offer him a contract extension.

Every year in the CL, we screw up. We'll never win it. Now, you can argue about UEFA not allowing us to win it. Which may have some merit to it. But we have a mental block towards that competition. We shouldn't be losing that game tonight. And we shouldn't have been losing to the likes of Spurs (VAR or no VAR) a couple of seasons back.

Some of you need to calm down and sign off.

It's okay to be upset with the tactics tonight - I think Pep got them wrong too. It's a valid criticism, and it's a worrying trend that he seems to out think himself once we hit the knockout stages. I'm not debating that at all.

But to suggest Pep should be fired, or insinuate we'd be better off without him so is so fucking insane and childish I don't even know where to begin.

Pep is one of the best - if not the best - managers in the world. We have a fantastic squad, infrastructure, and owners willing to invest to keep it that way. We are so incredibly lucky.

Mistakes were made, and we were outplayed. It's frustrating but it happens. Let's see how that is addressed in the coming weeks. On to next season.

He shouldn’t be sacked but he needs to learn

we have a much better team than Lyon but the best bite were sat on the bench

even when we went down to 2 and 3 1 he didn’t change it bring on foden Bernardo what have we got to lose .

mancini never gave up against qpr . Pep gave up tonight and he was shite

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.