Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

After this performance, I think we have a big big burden on our shoulders next season. Not sure Pep is the answer to move us forward. He's been great but I think he has come to the end of the road with us. His 2 biggest failures are his inability to instil confidence in big matches and inability to organize a solid defense. Can he do that next season, even with new defenders? Will be very hard task.

Yes that semi final vs Real Madrid with Pellegrini is still our best CL year to this date. We brought in Pep as we wanted much more in CL than that CL semis which we lost because we hardly attacked and scored 0 in 180 minutes vs Real.

Now 4 years in Pep reign, Monaco, Pool, Tottenham and Lyon.

These are not the likes of Barca, Bayern, Juve mega teams...

Lyon is the most embarassing one, they finished 7th in French Ligue.

Sarri was fired within 5 minutes after losing to Lyon thats how embarassing it was for Juventus despite winning the Serie A.

Not saying Pep should be fired for this, but is he really able to change our defending with spending 70m pounds on a 30 year old defender? Because that seems to be his big plan.

Pep fucked up tactically, no question, but let's remember that our defensive options consist of a player who hasn't looked top class since he returned from injury, a mental argentinian with the pace of a snail, an unfit distracted confidence player with no confidence, a 19 year old who may be a great footballer but has no athleticism and a defensive midfielder in his mid 30s whose legs have gone. Not to mention 3 and a half full backs, none of whom can hold a defensive line.

Txiki has to take some of the blame for not signing a centre back last summer. We've had shocking performances at the back all season, why did we think that wouldn't continue?

I know I said it in the match day thread but I cannot blame the players tonight Pep handicapped them from the kick off. Mistakes were made by the players but 50 mins of that game was wasted and they could have corrected them in that time. I understand why people don't like people moaning at the team news but i'm sure that 99% of us in our heart of hearts knew it was wrong. I don't want Pep gone but I feel no guilt saying tonight was on him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.