Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

For the first time ever, I could see Pep leaving next year. Now it seem a realistic possibility.

I wrote just after the first half, we fell into this game pattern that didn't bode well for us at all. Watching this game tonight was like watching any game we lost or drew this season, apart from The Dippers one when they smashed us. Barcelona caved under pressure by extremely good team and shown all weaknesses of their defence; we just didn't want to play against a mediocre side that was putting 110% effort and once we woke up it was just too late, so much exertion to equalise and then we just sink like complete mugs.
But the main culprit for tonight debacle is Pep, he needs to answer certain questions and I hope he answers them fast. He plays against the seventh ranked team in Ligue 1 and set the team like he plays against his own Barcelona side, or Bayern of today. And he talks like they are that. Tonight was worse than Monaco, worse than The Dippers, much worse even than Spurs, even Pellegrini was playing according to our ability.

Anyway, not arsed.

Raz is my player of the season and was the best player on the pitch tonight. One miss doesn't define him.

Pep was called out by not changing tactics in previous CL exits, he does tonight and we want Fat Sam in.

We got beat, and have been another 10 times this season, but this is still the best time to be a Blue.

And we WERE shafted by VAR, simple as that that. They dont score that, we win the game.

Pep completely out thought himself. How the hell he came up with that line up and shape 8nlt he will ever know. Like having a Rolls Royce and putting the handbrake on and deflating the tyres. Pep will get hammered for this - and I’m afraid he deseves it. Hes let the players, the club and the fans down tonight.

I wonder if anyone actually stands up to him and say's 'Pep are you mad?' I'm sure Arteta did, and I bet Kompany did on behalf of the players, but now?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.