Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

It seems some people have forgotten what it was like before Pep. We were atrocious in Pellegrini's last season. This season, in one of Pep's worst seasons with a terribly broken defense, we got 81 points in the league. In Pellegrini's last season we finished with 66 points! We have progressed enormously as a club under Pep. He is by far the best manager that we've ever had. I can only see us regressing under the next manager.

The single greatest problem we have is our player recruitment in defensive areas. It is quite possibly the worst in Europe. For the money spent, I'd say only United come close to us in terms of money wasted. I would honestly get rid of every defender at the club aside from Laporte. That is not just a reaction to this game. We have been awful defensively for a long time. We weren't great even in the 100 point season. Our defensive issues were just masked by the rest of the side.

My greatest frustration is that we still have the same people at the club making decisions on the recruitment of defenders. Rodri is starting to also look like a pretty poor signing. He is certainly no replacement for Fernandinho and we could have replaced Gundogan with a potato and seen improvements. I have zero confidence that we'll make the right defensive signings this season.

I cant blame Pep for this loss.

We had several good chances to score throughout the game but only took one of them.

The Jesus and Sterling misses in particular were absolutely mind boggling.

To miss one, let alone two, chances of that calibre is sickening.

But lets be honest blues, Bayern would've absolutely bummed us in the next round anyway.
If the match was only second half then I agree with your analysis completely...but what the fuck were we doing in first half? Playing Fernandinho and creating zero chances...That is the part which hurts so much

He keeps saying year in year out we are not ready.
When exactly will we be ready?
Weve been in it 10 years now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.