Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

The Transfer Window is still open. Make all necessary changes. I’m tired of this shit.

Not good enough. Long way to go to reach the top elite clubs. Never change a winning team And formation. 4-3-3. Its just accept it. They need to find real good players in the future. In a way, Leipzig, Lyon Get through, not all about money. Bayern will WIN the CL.

I knew from the moment that I saw the line up tonight we were going to be troubled.

Unecessary tinkering yet again from Pep. He seriously needs to adapt how we play next season - our high line makes for tragic viewing at times and Lyon looked like they could get in behind us with every ball over the top. We can sign whatever £60m defenders he wants, it's not going to change until he changes how we play.

Yes, some of the players let him down, but Pep's stuborness this season has really been baffling at times.

Why a player who actively told us he doesn't want to be here starts is beyond me.

Why he only made two subs, one on the 84th minute, when it was clear as day we needed to make changes is beyond me.

Why Foden and Bernardo, the two players who bring the vital energy and industry into this side didn't start is beyond me.

This slow midfield 2 of Gundogan and Rodri needs to stop. It works sometimes, but overall, it's horrible. Gundogan isn't a bad player and yes he can be a scape goat at times, but he's a symptom of everything that's been wrong with this side this year and needs to be moved on in order to inject some energy and assertiveness into this side.

Another champions league knockout game, another out of nowhere tactic we are clearly not used to playing and another early elimination to a side we should be beating in second gear. He just doesn’t learn does he?

You can bemoan the Laporte foul not being given, the jaw dropping sterling miss or the Ederson fumble as much as we like but this is entirely on Pep. We spent 55 minutes of a champions league quarter final playing in an unfamiliar formation doing absolutely nothing. the players just did what Pep asked, it’s just what he asked for was shite. We gave ourselves 35 minutes and a goal disadvantage to win and it wasn’t enough. If we had played our normal game from the start I’m certain we stroll that even if all those things still happen towards the end. it was ours for the taking this year all we had to do was turn up and play our normal game to a high standard and we beat them. Credit to Lyon not taking anything from them but they wasn’t even that good, they played like a mid table French team, we simply beat ourselves yet again.

I don’t fear coming up against any other side or player pre match in these games, i fear Pep having a crazy idea and beating ourselves. Why isn’t there somebody within his staff that can pull him aside and tell him not to overthink and change things in these big games? It’s going to keep happening.

Terrible performance, Munich would have destroyed us , pep got this so wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.