Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I watched the game and specifically noted over 10-15 minutes that we'd not changed system even though I wanted us to.
We had.

Walker was hugging the touch line, as he would normally and Mahrez was often up parallel to Jesus and Sterling.

Garcia and Laporte were our two CB’s (well they didn’t play like it the pair of clowns).

That Centurions team has been completely dismantled by the man who created it. I'll always have a soft spot for what he did for us but how can you change your side and, more importantly formation every single week and expect to win the Premier League or Champions League? Winning just the Carling Cup this season with that squad is an embarrassment.

Sadly, the grass isn't always greener on the other side and Pep is one of the best at judging players but we will get nowhere with him in the Champions League if he carries on like this every season. I wouldn't want to be in Khaldoon's position right now but something has to change.

We had.

Walker was hugging the touch line, as he would normally and Mahrez was often up parallel to Jesus and Sterling.

Garcia and Laporte were our two CB’s (well they didn’t play like it the pair of clowns).
Garcia was fine. Laporte was hopeless.

We had.

Pep literally just said we played well in the second half in the same formation as the first half, and he didn't change just add a more attacking player.

He's just said it on live TV.

Got roasted when I criticized him in the past. Lucky coach, he fed off the best Barça team ever. Overthinks the line up, rotates stupidly and puts unnecessary pressure on the players. A big bottle job in CL bar with barça and that was down to their dream team. Has got to be sacked. Getting knocked out by 7th of French league is criminal to say the least. Our weakness has been our defense and yet he could not fix it. I am lost for words, I just want to see the back of him.

2011 since his last Champions League final; he’s not elite - 2 titles out of 4, no European progress with the most expensive squad in football history. Since the spine of winners he inherited - Kompany, Fernandinho, Silva and Aguero have gone/declined, he’s been exposed, and his signings to replace them have been substandard. £400m+ on defenders and we’re still a shambles at the back at this level.

100% on Pep tonight, awful team selection. But he has done this before in the CL when he didn't play Kev in the first leg against Spurs in the CL last season. Not heard his post match interview what did he say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.