Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

Wonder if Bayern will drop their attacking players because of the might of Lyon? We all knew he'd end up overthinking a game and it was tonight. We ended up with a midfield with no pace and no aggression that offers nothing going forwards and nothing defensively. If we want to play slow, defensive football, we may as well get Maureen in as at least we might be able to defend then.

His obsession with Europe is such that I don't think he'll ever win it again, not just with us. He'll always do something to try and out think the opposition and end up with a team that's incapable of playing how they know. I've no idea what that team was out there tonight, but it clearly wasn't the City we knew and it was obvious from moment the team sheet came out.

Max Cornet hardly played LWB, and he had never scored while playing there. He really is our bogey man.

No, he said he doesn't know about the var goal.... Was saying about our failure in the champions league

Fair do’s.. didn’t see it. I couldn’t stomach any more after the 3rd goal.. retired to get shitfaced in the garden

Yet another game where we had 2 and a half times the number of shots as the opposition's had and lost the game. Must be the 10th time that has happened this season!!

Maybe on paper but that was a poor performance. We are a good side and we can create chances for fun ordinarily but, not tonight we were poor lumping it forward - just wasn’t a Man City performance. So annoying and so frustrated. Feel badly let down with Pep but calling for his head is stupid. We need to regroup and move on.

Difference in the first half was that their wing backs for forward ours didn’t so what was the point in playing them, we should’ve let Lyon worry about us and played our game.

What I don't get is that he'll completely change his formation, drag players out of position and ruin our fluidity because he's worried about the opposition.

But we won't play 10 yards further back if they look like they are going to get in behind

Reactions: GPB

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.