Lyon CL QF Post-Match Thread

Those glaring chances go in, we win and I guarantee we're all sat here smugly saying "Pep masterclass".

We had enough chances to win the game. The players didn't take them. That cannot be the manager's fault.
he refusal wrong and scientists attack to wel! Into the second half ,leavingourcreators on the bench,al! Of them

I tend to agree, even if we had beaten Lyon (just) and got past Bayern, can anyone see us keeping Neymar and Mbappe out with the amount of space we leave behind us. Playing with a highline works brilliantly against sides with no pace up front but is crazy against pacy sides. We need to up our game tactically as nothing stands still.

The way we are left in the dark and UEFA instruct the director of the live TV broadcast not to show any replays until after the decision is bent as fuck.

So to the ref putting his whistle in his mouth. He obviously thinks a foul may have occurred and thought about blowing. Does he not have the power to go over to the monitor and query it with the VAR assistant, perhaps even ask to see a replay? Pep should have made a big song and dance about the foul and slowed the game by making subs there and then.

I posted when we went through against Madrid that Lyon have the perfect set-up to take us to the cleaners and they did just that tonight. Disgusting VAR decision but you know that's coming, what is it now 4-5 years on the trot.
To be honest I laughed when it went to VAR and triggered the rag next to me when I said "It'll stand. We aren't the rags"

No, he didn't attempt to play the ball so offside isn't applied. It was the foul in the build-up that was the VAR fuck-up.

FIFA

OFFSIDE LAW 11

• making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

Or, you can just look at the clip by Dembele. Pick your poison, but even in a Sunday a League game, that’s coming back.

Referee on the field bottles it, thinking VAR will catch his fall. VAR Official has 1 Europa Lge game under his belt and HE is going overrule the Ref? GMAFB!!.... BTW, that’s not me talking, thats Roberto Martinez slagging VAR!

Even Carragher says the only thing you can say about VAR is that it is consistent... consistently poor!

No I think it was a good decision. Laporte who was poor all night ran accross and tripped over the attackers leg. The conspiracy theorists will no doubt make hay in the days ahead but yet again it was schoolyard defending and poor finishing that done us in yet again. Will Pep get another chance to get eliminated at the QF stage maybe not.
Laporte is done unfortunately

I think if the Sterling chance goes in, we go on to win and everyone says "Pep masterclass".

That's how thin the line is in this competition.

A lot of posters are posting out of emotion and frustration.

We had the chances to win the game, but didn't take them.

I just cant see how that can be the manager's fault.

On another day those chances fall to Aguero, he smashes them in and we're all sat here buzzing and pretending we're going to beat Bayern.
Really, if Sterling scored, would anyone genuinely think 'masterclass'? We were playing catch up from the start with the tactics, we were awful. On the plus side, on a personal level, I can save having to take a holiday on Wedenesday only to be found to be shooting ourselves in the foot again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.