Aymeric Laporte - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know tonight's a sore result but there's a difference between reasonably thinking Laporte isn't world class and making statements like you've made.
Nope. Garcia has been a better CB since the restart. Not just tonight. On current form (unless Pep is hiding some super form John and Ota are displaying in practice) I can comfortably say Garcia is the best CB at the club at present. That's cause he is. Only time good things happen our of the back when he was on the ball. I

He is by far a better passer of the ball, and a general better decisionaker. He is not as good of a tackler or Athletic. But he reads and reacts better than all the others and generally makes better decisions.

I know we've always considered Laporte World Class and to go from that to not being as good as a 19 year old seems excessive.

But that's really what the facts are suggesting. I'm not doing this out of anger, I am not even that mad at Laporte, as I only have enough anger to direct at Pep. But the kid is currently the best CB on the squad.

Unfortunately Fernandinho was a red card waiting to happen thanks to Lyon's shenanigans, so he had to go with Garcia.

I can only wonder what Stones and Otamendi are doing in training.
I would have put dinho with eric senior,they have forged a decent partnership,we knew last time that dinho was played as dm that his legs had gone and it was right he should not play there again,i think there was more chance he would try to be compensate and be a bit reckless in the middle,we have two unusable defenders it seems,both out of the door it looks like

He is our best defender, weirdly enough I can only remember really weak performances in our most important games of the season! Its happened a few times, I guess i'd rather him be as good week in week out as he is but its unusual.

You dont lumber him with a kid to look after ,he needs a proper partner,an equal partner ,oh and he was tripped over
Erh, the kid was the one looking after Laporte. He wasn't terrible coz Garcia was next to him. He was terrible on his own accord!

He gave them free run for the goal ( 2nd goal )

He suddenly ran forward and left Dembele alone.

Watch again, he read it correctly. Jumped up to get the first striker offside. And Dembele would have been too. But for the experienced Larporte who lost the ball got flustered ran back and got Dembele back inside.

Watch again, he read it correctly. Jumped up to get the first striker offside. And Dembele would have been too. But for the experienced Larporte who lost the ball got flustered ran back and got Dembele back inside.

I understand, but that was too risky and it cost us.

He should stay where he was and mark their attacker instead.

At least he could slow hin down instead of granting him 1 v 1 with Ederson.

I understand, but that was too risky and it cost us.

He should stay where he was and mark their attacker instead.

At least he could slow hin down instead of granting him 1 v 1 with Ederson.
Again, this is misplaced. What cost us is Laporte making a dumb unnecessary pass and losing the ball. Then turning around and keeping the scorer onside.

You can't expect the 19 year old to do his job and also make up for the stupidity of the more experienced Laporte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.