Aymeric Laporte - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most worrying moment of his game tonight, and there were plenty, came in the opening ten minutes when he was left floundering in a foot race with the Lyon forward. Even with Koulibaly beside him, that lack of pace tonight should be a serious concern.

When Garcia had to use his “pace” to cover him, I was genuinely concerned.

No but there is a difference between good and bad I didn’t say he was bad,you’ve brought that into the conversation
I wasn't referring to you calling him bad. I was suggesting he's not as bad as people think either.

Not as good as people think unfortunately
I've had a long standing discussion with a colleague over this issue for a while now. I don't think he's as good as a lot of people make out, it was his pass that gave the ball away that lead to the breakaway for the 2nd goal and you can shout all you like about a foul, it was a clash of legs between them both that gets given as fouls these days.
In the 2nd half a high ball came down to him, he let the ball bounce and he almost got caught out by it because the attacker who chased him down. Something you're taught as a c/h, to never let the ball bounce.
I'm just not and have never been convinced he's as good a c/h as people make out.

It's really how you bounce back. That's what the best do.

Kompany got a couple of red cards for stupid tackles in extremely important games (we did get away at least one of them). He's also messed up the odd time too. BUT he never let it get to him and he continued.

Ramos has over 9000 red cards or something like that, many in games where it cost the team majorly. Last year he literally screwed over his own team getting a deliberate yellow card suspension against Ajax. But he's always stepped up and carried on.

You can do it for other positions too. Robben screwed up in a world cup final AND a Champions league final. John Terry cost his team a Champions League. Drogba got sent off for being a prick in a Champions League final. Oliver Kahn after a very strong tournament decided a World Cup final was the day to mess up. Messi's had his days where he's dropped the ball.

They all bounced back. Laporte seems like the kind of personalty (unlike unfortunately Stones) who can power through it too. I'd say Sterling is similar.

Not very impressed with him taking to social media to say "not making excuses but this is my excuse".

Seems pretty symptomatic of the mindset this team has when things go against them. Instead of getting over and through it they dwell on it and compound the mistakes.

Aké is a very good defender, he's got more pace and is every bit as good in the build up as Laporte.

He needs to recover his best form if he wants to stay in the starting XI with serious competition arriving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.