Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same people who are complaining about him starting were spouting the whole 'Sane is still a City player and should still play until Bayern pay up' idea a few months ago. He's contracted to City, our other two defenders are mistake prone and low on confidence, and Pep obviously wanted him in for his distribution tonight. Whether or not it made tactical sense to start him and Dinho is a whole other argument, but this idea that he can't play just because he's leaving makes no sense. We are paying him and he is available for selection, that's it.

Same people who are complaining about him starting were spouting the whole 'Sane is still a City player and should still play until Bayern pay up' idea a few months ago. He's contracted to City, our other two defenders are mistake prone and low on confidence, and Pep obviously wanted him in for his distribution tonight. Whether or not it made tactical sense to start him and Dinho is a whole other argument, but this idea that he can't play just because he's leaving makes no sense. We are paying him and he is available for selection, that's it.

Motivation is the key. If his mind elsewhere we don't get a good performance out of him. Saying that both Otamendi and Stones must be in worse shape. If Garcia stays I will back him but I'm not sure he is the right player for us.

Last edited:
Motivation is the key. If his mind elsewhere we don't get a good performance out of him
And Pep sees him everyday in training and will have a better idea than us as to whether or not that's the case. Nothing we saw today indicated that he wasn't focused; inexperienced, yes, but we were defensively poor as a whole and he wasn't the worst of the bunch by any means. He had to choose between Garcia, Stones (whose head is no more reliable than Garcia's), and Otamendi, who's.... well... Otamendi. Against a counter attacking side.

There are plenty of things to criticise Pep for - starting a player who's leaving isn't one of them. And don't get me started on that stupid post on the previous page about him seriously doing it to help Barcelona or whatever the fuck that bloke was on about...

And Pep sees him everyday in training and will have a better idea than us as to whether or not that's the case. Nothing we saw today indicated that he wasn't focused; inexperienced, yes, but we were defensively poor as a whole and he wasn't the worst of the bunch by any means. He had to choose between Garcia, Stones (whose head is no more reliable than Garcia's), and Otamendi, who's.... well... Otamendi. Against a counter attacking side.

There are plenty of things to criticise Pep for - starting a player who's leaving isn't one of them. And don't get me started on that stupid post on the previous page about him seriously doing it to help Barcelona or whatever the fuck that bloke was on about...

True but I was suprised he started especially after Pep's comments that he isn't signing a new deal. As I said earlier I will back him but I'm not too impressed with him at the minute.

I was amazed to see him playing tonight. I’ve always felt that as great as Pep is, he has a tendency to treat players differently. It always seemed to me that Pep had a problem with Sane and I do wonder if that ultimately played some part in him wanting to go elsewhere. I then think about Sancho not signing a new deal and if I remember correctly being punted from a preseason tour because of it. Garcia refuses to sign a new deal and is punished with a start in a CL QF.

Well Garcia is Catalan so there's that.

Thought he played well, there is a reason Barcelona are after him and at 19 we should play him until we have better.
Funny how people change their attitudes because he wants to go home and say good luck to Sane but not him.

I'm not sure the 'Pep sees them in training' argument, is valid anymore tbh.

It wasn't the best, even prior to last night.

Yep, if anyone can judge a defender, it's Barca.

e5b4efce78eabf26b1d6dc613b8a6b3df8e2e740b3cef801a59e899fefb10a9c5g.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.