Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he played alright last night. He shouldn’t have been in the line up though- he doesn’t want to play for us and I’d rather someone play who actually does

I thought he played alright last night. He shouldn’t have been in the line up though- he doesn’t want to play for us and I’d rather someone play who actually does

Have a look at the 2nd goal again & picture Alan Kernaghan rather than a young Spanish lad & imagine if the internet existed back then.

Why shouldn't he? He was better than the other 3 defenders. Better than Dihno, Laporte or Walker.

Garcia might be the one defensive choice Pep got right. He had the ball the most on the team 108 touches. 99% completion rate. Only Defender able to use the ball intelligently in spite of Pep handicapping the team. Yet he is the only one who didn't lose the ball.

Covered for Laporte 2ice. Had to chase for Walker's brain fart once. Covered for Walker on a few occasions, and had to do all the intelligent thinking out of the back. As for some reason the more experienced Dihno abdicated his duty and kept punting the responsibility off to the kid.

On current form, I'd be begging him to stay. He is darn near our best defender right now.

Why shouldn't he? He was better than the other 3 defenders. Better than Dihno, Laporte or Walker.

Garcia might be the one defensive choice Pep got right. He had the ball the most on the team 108 touches. 99% completion rate. Only Defender able to use the ball intelligently in spite of Pep handicapping the team. Yet he is the only one who didn't lose the ball.

Covered for Laporte 2ice. Had to chase for Walker's brain fart once. Covered for Walker on a few occasions, and had to do all the intelligent thinking out of the back. As for some reason the more experienced Dihno abdicated his duty and kept punting the responsibility off to the kid.

On current form, I'd be begging him to stay. He is darn near our best defender right now.

I agree with what you put - hence why I said I thought he played well.

I don’t want a player though who isn’t committed and wants to leave,playing for us. Surely you can understand that

Did he not tell Sancho not to turn up for the pre season trip to America because he wasn't committed?
I think it was if he doesn't sign the contract he's not going to the US with the squad. But I'm not sure if that was Pep who made that call.

The point about Garcia playing is not if he is good enough, it’s about team moral, Foden the two Silva’s and Maghrez plus all the defenders who love the club couldn’t help but wonder why they lost out in selection to a player who wants to leave. Team moral is massively important, you lose the dressing room with that kind of shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.