Pep's contract situation

Oh please, the guy would have got it to 1-1 and brought Kev off for Otamendi.

Maybe we would have done better in the game last night given that he actually knew how to set up a defence instead of resorting to cramming it but chances are we wouldn't have made it past Real or out of the group stage.

I get the criticism of Pep and I agree with it but "Bobby Manc" wasn't a tactical genius and people seem to pretend he had less and less faults the further away we get from his reign. He was the right manager for us for a time and nothing more.

Name me one occasion when he actually did anything like that.

Name me one occasion when he actually did anything like that.

Yeah and for my next party trick I'll tell you what was on the front page the day you were born.

I don't have hyperthymesia mate and I'm not about to trawl through match reports over the course of his tenure to find you an example of him bringing on Barry for Tevez when we're a goal down.

All I'm saying is that the levels of romanticism some of you seem to bestow on him in comparison to our current manager are at odds with the facts.

Yeah and for my next party trick I'll tell you what was on the front page the day you were born.

I don't have hyperthymesia mate and I'm not about to trawl through match reports over the course of his tenure to find you an example of him bringing on Barry for Tevez when we're a goal down.

All I'm saying is that the levels of romanticism some of you seem to bestow on him in comparison to our current manager are at odds with the facts.

I was not romanticising mate. I was just stating that Bobby would have changed that formation when he realised it was not working. I suppose it is a moot point really as he would not have even tried something like that in the first place.

He maybe would have brought Barry on for Tevez, but that would have also meant freeing up Yaya and moving him into a more advanced role. He did that quite often. It seemed to always work as well. He would have never have taken Yaya off for a centre back at 1-1, which is what you were insinuating with your KDB and Otamendi comment.

Pep is too good a manager to just give up on, but I do have a number of reservations at this point. I’m concerned that he needs a rest above all else. It can’t be easy managing at the level of intensity he does for so long, and he’s seven years out from his last sabbatical. If we don’t hit the ground running next season and Liverpool start pulling away early on like they did this season, then I’m quite certain that he would resign.
he has never broken a contract and he has said hundred times he is staying next season,if there is a change of decision it will come in the next couple of weeks

You can’t possibly think Pep has a better record of making in-game changes that affect the result, surely??

Mancini was brilliant at making game changing subs and changes of formation that turned the game on its head. Tottenham at home being a prime example when we were 1 down and he switched to 352 and we won.

If Pep’s plan A doesn’t work, he tends to sulk, fold his arms, waits, makes a like for like change on 70 minutes which has zero effect and then in a passive aggressive manner says “we played so so well, but the problem was in both boxes”.

Whatever happens in the coming weeks.

We need to work on our defense for next season, or we are going to win fuck all .

We could do with a decent defensive Coach to work with Pep to eradicate lapses in concentration,and School Boy errors.

Defensively we were unacceptably bad this season.

This is not a reaction to last night i said this a year ago. Pep either signs a contract extension or he goes, we should not allow a situation where he is allowed to run down his contract, the club is bigger than any individual and that includes the greatest manager ever I hope he signs a 3 year contract and the club backs him rebuilding the squad and he needs a number 2 who will say, no Pep NO
I really think there is a lot in this - I refuse to believe that his entire coaching entourage thought that last night's roster and lineup was the best way to play the game.........

Since the takeover four trophies in eight years before Pep

since Pep, six trophies in four years

i know which I would rather have , this past four years will be looked on as our golden age.

Your trophy count is incorrect, but it could be the golden age as his legacy of buying shit players and decline will catch up on us and take a decade to recover if we ever do.

The hughes and mancini players have gone, a few pelegrini players holding it together, any longer we will be a poorer version of arsenal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.