Zinchenko apologies for wife’s criticism of Pep

I can imagine a lot of players feel like that is this is the case. It was stupid by pep to play the team he did, his post match interview made him look arrogant. If he didn’t own up to the players then how many trust him going in to the new season. That being said it’s petulant to say these things publicly. I think pep wouldnt of been sacked either way but with the season starting soon it would not have been pretty. I’m definitely going to be betting against city in the next ucl quarter final no matter who the opposition is.

I don't think those "commentd" if real are the same as Toure's ones (who i criticized in other post).

Some here acts like North Korea morality agents, what she is said is quiet obvious, Guardiola is one of top coaches of history but in this particular game (like 3 previous CL games) against a lesser team, City should have advanced.

But Guardiola is not the only one to blame, some players also, they are simply "overrated" to play in this system of play after all someone has chosen them.

So i don't think a meltdown is in the air, shit happen and team will move on again like any top team, surely the club will have some words with Zinchenko ( his partner works in the field so maybe that why she commented like that "if true"

Btw, when City eliminated PSG (PSG was favourite) , Laurent Blanc tried 352 for the first time. PSG was static and couldn't create chances.

He and his Mrs were in our end for the away leg at the old toilet. It was obvious they care about City but still should not comment. Think Pep won't be bothering.

I wish people would stop pushing so much bullshit and just have an honest conversation about what happened.

If you're going to discuss the game and any mistakes that were made you have to acknowledge -

1) The appalling record over the season vs. 532 teams, including the 2 defeats to United when they played that way, 2 to Wolves and Arsenal in the cup semi-final.

2) Stop pretending Lyon are the 7th best team in France, and not the second best side who slipped down the table spectacularly thanks to a change of manager and injuries, and then were in the middle of marching back up the table for a top 4 finish before Coronavirus ended the season. They are a really good side, which is why they were facing us in a quarter final in the first place.

Pep explained his decision really clearly too - it's not "inexplicable". I don't agree with the individual selections and the he seemingly didn't get the players to buy into it 100%, but his reasoning made sense.
It’s inexplicable that we played a formation we had not played all season.

Inexplicable that he picked two players to play in a back 3 who had never played that role in their entire professional career.

Inexplicable that in our nominal back 5, not one player played in their natural position.

Walker was probably closest to his natural position but asking him to play as a wing back when he was in the best form of his career as a regular full back. He didn’t look anywhere near as comfortable.

Inexplicable that we had David Silva, Bernado Silva and Phil Foden on the bench while Ilkay Fucking Gundogan played 90 minutes.

Bayern stuck to their regular 4231 and seemed to do just fine against Lyon.

Just because the opponents play 352, it doesn’t mean you have to. There’s more than one way to skin a cat.

And I don’t think Lyon are a great side by any means. Aouar looks class, Comet fast as fuck, Depay ok in spells, and the rest look like bog standard Watford players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.