Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact players had to extend contracts to finish the season is a proof that Barça could be right in saying Messi missed the due date to trigger the clause. We don't know the exact wording in his contract.

If there is 0 doubt about it from Messi and City camp, he could come for free but if there is even the tiniest doubt i'm sure you'll agree to pay. The going rate for academy players is ridiculously low, they wouldn't settle for that.

And yeah, ofc, no club would agree to pay a transfer if they can have it for free but the risk is there if it goes to court.

Neymar purposefully left Barça after the end of the month to collect his loyalty fee. Barça opposed to the payment and they won the case in court after 3 years. Imagine the same with Messi clause, you'd be liable to pay the whole release clause. Hence why i think you'll discuss a fee.

I read that the opposite, that they Didn't have to extend contracts. You could be right.

My fifa fee was sarcasm. I agree in principle, the buying club would probsbly be willing to pay something to avoid it dragging out. But not 100m. That would be ridiculous. Imho.

The fact players had to extend contracts to finish the season is a proof that Barça could be right in saying Messi missed the due date to trigger the clause. We don't know the exact wording in his contract.

If there is 0 doubt about it from Messi and City camp, he could come for free but if there is even the tiniest doubt i'm sure you'll agree to pay. The going rate for academy players is ridiculously low, they wouldn't settle for that.

And yeah, ofc, no club would agree to pay a transfer if they can have it for free but the risk is there if it goes to court.

Neymar purposefully left Barça after the end of the month to collect his loyalty fee. Barça opposed to the payment and they won the case in court after 3 years. Imagine the same with Messi clause, you'd be liable to pay the whole release clause. Hence why i think you'll discuss a fee.
If City could do this on a free it would work for me. I think he may have a season left but he's very clearly in the final years as a world class player. However, barcelona are going to demand a major fee.

Guillem Balague " My understanding is that Leo Messi and Guardiola haven't spoken. There has been plenty of interest in Messi but he has taken this step without having confirmed anything with anyone yet. And yes, that he really really wants to leave. This is not a negotiation or a power battle "
GB was tweeting that Pep had no agreement with City five minutes before Pellegrini confirmed Pep was coming to City.

Funny hearing that th

We will see then.

If Messi wants out.

I see that shit hole across the road as being the last place on Earth he will rock up at.

he is looking fora new adventure,not a fucking nightmare.

I notice the BBC have him linked to the Rags in their Gossip section... that said the Beeb link the Rags to everyone. Has Sancho signed yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.