Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I would say about this crazy transfer is that I don’t want the club to lose any valuable players. Bernardo Silva, Foden, Jesus, Sterling and probably Torres are the clubs future and everyone of them would be affected if Messi came in. I could only see Mahrez leaving because of his age.

I just hope the club would never consider including Jesus or Bernardo in this deal. That would be incredibly stupid if Barca refuses to let him go for free.

Just trying to picture the reaction if it proved true he has reached out to us and we said no. It would be the ultimate self-sabotage. If he wants to come, assuming the finances work, any club is compelled to act.

If City could do this on a free it would work for me. I think he may have a season left but he's very clearly in the final years as a world class player. However, barcelona are going to demand a major fee.

You're making assumptions based off of the trajectory of normal athletes of yesteryear. He's had very little if any degradation these past couple seasons (well he did drop off from 60 plus goal and assist contributions to a measly 51). You're looking at 35 + 45 IF he drops off significantly for us which won't happen. Even if in that third year he plays 2000 minutes instead of the 4000ish he usually plays that's still 25 plus...KDB was probably third in the baloon d'or this season with 30.

His level will be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.