COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So NW had biggest rise in patients and also saw ventilator patients rise despite all the recent deaths.

Numbers are small and things may yet change in coming days but we are starting to see signs that may be concerning.

Age range of new infections in Scotland today:

49 people aged between 20-64
3 people older than 65 (including 2 who are 85+)
All the rest younger than 20 including 2 children in the 0-4 age range.

Gov UK website still having issues but quiet enough to access as everyone likely gave up last night.

Other regional data shows Midlands patients fell from 131 to 124 and ventilators from 10 to 7.

London patients up 74 to 72 and ventilators still at 16.
NE & Yorks patients steady at 79 but ventilators here up from 6 to 7.

East of England big patient rise from 26 to 35 and ventilators still at 5.

South East patients down from 38 to 37 and ventilators down from 9 to 6.

And South West unchanged at 16 patients and 2 ventilators,

So by the looks of it the North West - despite being the centre of the pandemic apparently - had the biggest fall in patient numbers and ventilator beds occupied in the UK yesterday.

Things could change today, obviously. But that is kind of reassuring.

Though tinged with the fact that 4 people died in NW hospitals over the last 3 days so that might in of itself represent the drop in ventilator beds. But as long as nobody is being taken in to replace them the bigger picture is still positive for all but the grieving families, of course.

As it is easy to forget that these stats are numbers but these numbers are people with families.
Your doing a great job of bouncing numbers about
Bringing this "killer virus" news to everyone.
On a day to day basis ....i see no evidence of this pandemic.

All i do know is..

A virus is invisible.
A Pandemic is not.

its a long video so not watched it all yet. but some scientific papers now coming back with Hydroxychloroquine success rates. but with LOW DOSES.

Not double blind tests, but quite large scale observational

some of the other failed papers seem to be using far higher doses.

the Belgian paper showed a 30% drop in mortality vs a control group.

Last edited:

Pretty disgraceful stance IMO. Cases on the rise, highest for a while but please, get back to the office so greedy developers can still make loads of money on office blocks.

These people have no clue what a drain on your life commuting for 2 hours a day can be.

If I could, I'd work from home forever, such a better way of life.

Pretty disgraceful stance IMO. Cases on the rise, highest for a while but please, get back to the office so greedy developers can still make loads of money on office blocks.

These people have no clue what a drain on your life commuting for 2 hours a day can be.

The government can campaign for it, but if productivity is up for businesses and it’s cheaper for workers to work from home, then the current model will simply stay in place. It will vary from individual to individual, but my Dad is 60 now (diabetic, high blood pressure and cancer survivor) yet seems to be getting more work done from home than he has done previously and is content with the current situation. He’s also altered his hours so he does his calls/meetings in the evenings and he saves on travel costs. For others it may be different and people’s opinions may differ but I do think cities need to adapt to the current climate.

The head of the CBI is off her rocker if she thinks everyone is going to rush back into work during a pandemic to save a few sandwich bars. And politicians with conflicting interests won‘t help the argument.

However, as I’ve already stated, I have an immunocompromised father who is still working so even my own objectivity may be questioned.

My only concern with working from home is the fact that if we prove the rolls can be done remotely whats then stopping the business's making that very remote from say India.

Dickie Littledick writing from home in Florida no less

The Torygraph recruitment campaign for Union membership

This guy was interviewed from his yacht off Sardinia

The issue here is that the govt campaign to get people back to work is totally at odds with the same govt's advice which remains to work from home if possible.

To have the desired effect they will want everyone back at work - that will fill public transport, the street and workplaces with people and we are back to square one - the virus will spread, all those re-opened workplaces will have to shut down again for at least a fortnight to allow co-workers to quarantine, cases will rise but hey - newspaper sales will rise as commuters buy a paper on the way in to work

my view of this is that the old model, the centralised office model with shops and eateries, high streets, is dead. We are moving, and have been for years, towards a weird mix of localism and online services. People have appetites to be away from jam packed commutes to city centres, be at home more and support what they consider (rightly or misguidedly) to be local business. then you throw in the almost exponential rise of Amazon and other delivery service culture and the high street and city centre model seems oddly quaint and on its last legs. Support should now be given to localism, good train systems and start ups.

It’s going to cause quite a divide this.

our team has worked more productively and no one wants to go back to office.

but the higher bosses are pushing for us to go back end of next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.