Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This dispute with Bartomeu will make Messi more determined to leave. I also cant see City walking away from this deal because this takes City to the next level globally. In the end I see a transfer fee being paid but more like £100m mark.

If it ended up in court & Messi lost, I imagine that would be closer to the figure the court would set anyhow. He's 33 in the last year of his contract & Ronaldo has already moved for less.

It's like Groundhog day in here.

tenor.gif

This is probably the biggest transfer in world football ever, so there are gonna be some hurdles to climb. we look at it from a fan perspective and from the view of limited knowledge in big finance, fully understanding that some of the guys on here do have a more full understanding of business. Barca are financially in the shit and as fans we would like nothing more than to see Barca bankrupt its that tribal football thing, but when you are operating at the level of Khaldoon and Mansour you see opportunity.
The Camp Nou is an old stadium needing a huge renovation that Barca will need to address at some point costing big money ,maybe the money could happen at a competitive interest rate if a certain player was allowed to leave in an amicable fashion for a decent transfer deal that all three parties are happy with ? or maybe some of that 800m euro loan could be restructured in a more favourable way who knows ? We as a football club need the likes of the dippers,scum, Bayern,Real, and Barca competing because if you have no competition what are we and what is football as a sport ?
Neymar and Mbappe deals were bigger both in terms of value and significance but it would be the biggest deal in English football if it happens!

you are right... I just read this brilliant in depth article about Bartomeu and holy fucken shit. Its really messy in there. I am more convinced now that this whole thing is a ploy to get a transfer fee for Messi and the 700m or fuck off release clause is just a starting point thatll end up around that 100-150m mark to wipe Barcas debts.

Barto wants Messi out. This article also really explains well the crazy poltiical shit going on over there.
I have posted this previously, but I have it on good authority that Barca is in a very precarious position financially, much more so than has been publicly disclosed or understood, and I don’t even think that article does the actual turmoil the club has been experiencing — which began well before the Messi transfer debacle — justice.

If it ended up in court & Messi lost, I imagine that would be closer to the figure the court would set anyhow. He's 33 in the last year of his contract & Ronaldo has already moved for less.
I doubt very much that this would go to court. City may have to play their cards at some point & tempt Barca with an offer. Dont forget next summer Messi can leave on a free again.

I’m sure this was already posted yesterday but far too much to keep up with! A few news reports yesterday said we are going to give Messi the option of leaving after 12 months - surely not if we are investing in such big wages and particularly if we are paying a fee / a fee + players...

Most articles should obviously be taken with a pinch of salt at present, & he has this agreement in his contract at Barca each summer but are we really going to finance this deal only to give him option to leave in 10 months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.