Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep getting this sinking feeling that Pep will meet Messi and actually try and convince him to stay at Barcelona ffs. I hope i'm wildly wrong, but it'd be a very Pep thing to do...

Well that'd gonna be worst. Would it!
Pep Out! :P

Just checking but have I got this right?

Messi has a clause in his contract whereby he can leave for free if he gives his notice of intention during x days before the end of the season. Barca are saying that he has missed that period and must wait until next time unless they agree to sell him, but Messi is disputing it.
Not sure of the exact wording. I have a feeling I have seen something which specified the 10th June 2020 which makes it more problematic.

Why would he do this? What benefit is it to Pep if he is to stay at Barca?

Surely he'd want Messi to be happy.

Think you're over-analysing the whole situation here. At the start of March we were all worried that we wouldn't be able to keep De Bruyne/Sterling and now we are actually going for a player that would guarantee them staying! Take that into consideration.

I'm not analysing it at all mate - if anything you are! ha. Just a flippant comment on Pep being a bit in his own world! He has form for this kinda stuff. Not saying it will happen, just that it'd classic Pep to do something like that.

I keep getting this sinking feeling that Pep will meet Messi and actually try and convince him to stay at Barcelona ffs. I hope i'm wildly wrong, but it'd be a very Pep thing to do...

Leo called Pep and said I want to join you at City. Pep said if he’s sure he’ll talk to Txiki and Khaldoon. Leo said he was sure. That’s where we are mate so you can relax about a Pep talking him out of it.

Leo called Pep and said I want to join you at City. Pep said if he’s sure he’ll talk to Txiki and Khaldoon. Leo said he was sure. That’s where we are mate so you can relax about a Pep talking him out of it.

Phew. You know what I mean though. Pep's in thrall to Barcelona :)

hahahahaha. I am in awe of the levels of pettiness in Catalonia.

On one hand, it does seem like a potential conflict of interest on their part to advise someone how to break a contract with their existing client.

On the other hand...they probably drew up the contract, and them telling Messi he has the power to use the clause and walk away for free sounds like a major boost to his case.

Makes you wonder if Bartomeu fired them for telling him what they told Messi about the clause...

Cos he's Pep and he's weird haha. He's said repeatedly in the press that he think Messi should never leave Barcelona. Wouldn't be surprised if he told him that too. Of course it may not happen, but it'd be classic Pep.
Do you really believe that.

I wouldn't say there's one, this one seems more or less on par with Ronaldo signing for us, just a little more surprising because Messi never left Barça prior to this. Ronaldo had played for 11 years for Real too and it seemed like he would end his career there. But there have been lots of huge transfers in history. I don't remember them all but there isn't one that stands out as bigger to me, mostly because "big" could mean it cost a lot, or it was a genius buy, or the player was already a huge name in football (which on its own doesn't mean it's a good transfer).
I think this signing would be slightly “bigger” than Ronaldo going to you, but a bit “smaller” than Nery Castillo coming to us.

#Levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.