Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of what's happening around him?

In any job there's times when you feel that if your performance drops it's time for change, he probably feels it's exactly what he needs to get his mojo back
I think people are just bored and want to argue. I have not said anything outrageous. I would like City to sign Messi. I think he's a wonderful player. Some of gradual dip maybe down to the age of the players around him.

For those questioning his age, is there any reason Messi couldnt be a great PL player in to his late 30"s ? I mean we've seen it before with the likes of Sheringham. Messi looks after himself both privately and in terms of game management.
Law of probability, for every good player that is able to extend his career into his late 30s while maintaining a high level of performance there are twenty that don't

For those questioning his age, is there any reason Messi couldnt be a great PL player in to his late 30"s ? I mean we've seen it before with the likes of Sheringham. Messi looks after himself both privately and in terms of game management.
No there isn't. But Messi when he wont be as good as the Messi who scored 50 goals in a league season.

I agree. Still better than almost everyone on the planet but if money's no object, I'd take a few players ahead of Messi. I think most people would do so. Who will win Ballon D'Or 2020/21? I would be amazed if Messi or Ronaldo are in the running any more. I suspect it would be Mbappe, Neymar, Lewandowski, or even Van Dijk.
I think you're getting two things mixed up Marv. There is simply no better player than Messi and he'll still be remembered as the best player in 10, 15, 20 years time.

But £200m for Mbappe might be better value if we got 10 years out of him. But he's not a better player than Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.