It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsors need to help us on this, no other way.
New sponsors coming in and existing ones raising their current yearly amount.

If Etihad, Puma, Nissan etc does not want to give a raise, we will hide their logo from everywhere where Messi is.
Messi's shirt wont show Etihad, Puma just a black tape. When they give a raise in sponsor money, black tape comes off.

So now his dad has landed are Barça:
* Shitting it?
* Blind with confidence?
* In hiding and wont answer the door?
* Relaxed in the knowledge they can/will change his mind?

Etihad could agree to continue at the same price but only sponsoring the campus, that then frees us to sign a crazy sponsor for the front of the shirt then another for the training kits and a third for the back of the first team shirts. Loads of ways around these things.
If City sign Messi suddenly City get 1 billion extra fans. the commercial opportunties would be huge, and of course City have global investors with Chinese and US capital invested in City.

I am a little sceptical about the footballing possibilities but commercially it would be a bonanza.

So now his dad has landed are Barça:
* Shitting it?
* Blind with confidence?
* In hiding and wont answer the door?
* Relaxed in the knowledge they can/will change his mind?

They won’t change his mind, they need him gone too as financially they are in the shit. What is happening at the moment with Barcelona is posturing to extract as much money as possible out of the situation.

The money been bandied about is ridiculous I don’t care who he is, but I trust in our board that they won’t be taken for mugs, but then they wouldn’t pay £75 million for VVD and bought Mangala in the past so they aren’t the cleverest sometimes

Sponsors need to help us on this, no other way.
New sponsors coming in and existing ones raising their current yearly amount.

If Etihad, Puma, Nissan etc does not want to give a raise, we will hide their logo from everywhere where Messi is.
Messi's shirt wont show Etihad, Puma just a black tape. When they give a raise in sponsor money, black tape comes off.
We have a ‘Messi tax’ clause in all our sponsor contracts it’s been reported. We insert it every renewal on the off chance we can sign him. it allows us to either renegotiate new deals or walk away if we choose. With 42 sponsors, if each gave £1m extra that alone is a huge boost, but the main ones you mentioned will pay a hell of a lot more to be associated with Messi.
id imagine we already have the agreements in place and once (fingers crossed) we do announce him, we’ll also publically announce new deals so the world knows we have the numbers talked about well covered.
City have wanted the lad from day one of the takeover, they have this planned to the minute detail you can count on that. It’s not just a whim purchase it’s structured.
I imagine the boss man has been throwing 50p here, 20p there in his big money jar for year for this to work ;0)

Not to mention all the top players who went to Barcelona because of him. Top players will think twice about a club which has basically tried to stick it to an icon.

this is my thinking. It serves nobodies best interests long term to have a power battle with a GOAT. Surely better off appearing the bigger man and letting messi leave on his own terms is the way that befits his contribution

The money been bandied about is ridiculous I don’t care who he is, but I trust in our board that they won’t be taken for mugs, but then they wouldn’t pay £75 million for VVD and bought Mangala in the past so they aren’t the cleverest sometimes

They passed on Virgil Van Dyke and got Laporte cheaper instead. Van Dyke looks good in Liverpool’s system when he has three brutes sat in front of him in midfield that just sit. what would he be like when he’s in our system when he’s running back to goal last man with runners going either side of him. He never experiences that at Liverpool, would he be able to handle that here? I shudder to think what Maguire would have been like as well.

If City sign Messi suddenly City get 1 billion extra fans. the commercial opportunties would be huge, and of course City have global investors with Chinese and US capital invested in City.

I am a little sceptical about the footballing possibilities but commercially it would be a bonanza.

I agree, I posted yesterday I was out with the family and the amount of Barça/Messi shirts I noticed on kids was crazy. Never paid any attention prior but as my daughter was running around I noticed the new shirt on a lot of kids. These are future fans of the club, they’ll follow the player rather than the team and they’ll generate income. My mates lad is Ronaldo mad so buys kits every year.. People are daft if they don’t think we can afford this deal. I’ve even seen Barça fans say they’ll support him in blue and buy a shirt! We won’t always generate new fans but they’ll follow Messi because it’s Messi, people will want to come and see him play too. It’s crazy.

Signing the current Ballon d'Or holder is always a bit sceptical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.