Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am defo jealous of those who do understand and enjoy financial football talk, as they're no doubt an awful lot more well off than me, but fuck me it's boring isn't it? One of the things I hate about football in the modern era. The game is obsessed with the money side of things and regular fans are meant to care about balance sheets too. Fuck that.
Just get @Prestwich_Blue on the phone.

Fuckers have sucked the joy out of one of the most monumental moments in the clubs history.
To be fair, these types of transfer threads usually go through similar cycles:

Rumours are something is happening > Could it happen? > Is it happening? > It might be happening you know! > This will change everything > He’ll be the best player in the PL > But how will we afford them? > Will the player *actually* make us better? > Rumours are nothing is happening > It’s probably better we don’t get them > Is he really that good? > Wouldn’t we better off bringing back Kante? > Can he actually do it on a cold, rainy night in Burnley? > I would like to share these 17 paragraphs about the pros and cons of this potential transfer > Have you seen them on YouTube? > I’m starting to have my doubts > WHY HAVE THE CLUB NOT SAID ANYTHING!?! > #TxikiOut > It’s never going to happen so close the ****ing thread > [Tolmie posts video] > HE’S COMING!!! > *Repeat*

I am just trying to nudge everyone back to the slightly more enjoyably jovial section of the cycle.

Sky this morning, pep has been branded a thief for taking messi away from barca,on top of all their other shit this last week tells me the red shites and the rest of the nine have been on the phone lol
It's unbelievable isn't it. I've never seen so many articles about Messi being over the hill at 33.

If he was being linked with United or Liverpool the narrative would be completely different. Makes me sick.

You are perfectly within your rights to disagree especially football wise. But on football finances I don't recall you ever responding to anything I have ever said and explained why it is wrong. When you do, we can see who is likely right or wrong.

He’s not saying you are right or wrong - he’s saying he doesn’t agree with you.

Some obvious issues - we never sold Sane for £55m - the down payment nearer £42m (and it is a one off - we have never sold a single player for that sort of FFP profit before). Messi couldn't be on a 5 year deal at 33 so you'd need to amortise over 3 not 5 years. The wages look wrong according to the leaked contract (https://www.spiegel.de/internationa...si-s-100-million-euro-contract-a-1187549.html) which says he gets €106m from Barca pa before bonuses. It is unlikely to be a free transfer it seems. We haven't sold anyone else yet so it is hard to conclude on that. And we need a top line striker imminently regardless of Messi - that is a signing required in the next 2 periods with a likely cost of £20m amortised plus £10m annual wages.
Can you take that to the thread created for it please, this will move fast now and people want news not economic lessons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.