Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least you've worked that one out, where in Spain are you again ?

Every Barcelona fan has. Nobody wants him here against his will, we just wish he showed us the same class of the pitch as he did on the pitch. And I’m in the US by the way.

They certainly couldn't take the risk of having to pay €700m. But it seems that doesn't apply now. If not, then £100m is the best they'll get. You want Eric Garcia so we'll happily put him up as part of a deal, so £70 or 75m plus Garcia.

If the €700m release clause has expired, then it's Barcelona taking all the risk of going to court because they won't get more than £50-60m. But they could get nothing if FIFA rule that June 10th really meant the end of the season and he can leave for free. So there's a 50% chance of maybe £60m and a 50% chance of nothing. Whereas there's a 100% chance that City will offer more than the best you will get from FIFA.

It really all boils down to that release clause amount.

If they can get FIFA to sign off on it not existing then they will be OK.

That's what happened with our underage signings CAS arbitration - we asked the FA and FIFA to agree with our opinion on the laws. They agreed and then couldn't touch us when it later went to CAS.

@tolmie's hairdoo said Messi's people had opened legal proceedings with FIFA. If what they are trying is to get a legal opinion from FIFA agreeing with their interpretation of the release clause then its a no brained, we sign him and settle for <75m later.

Would you be prepared to wait 12 months for Messi, and take the player on a free?

The danger would be other clubs and age is a factor. Obviously it would depend on his form.

I think we now find out just how strongly Messi believes in his legal position. If they are 100% why would you stay another season? And even if he is unsure he can just sit tight and refuse to play and force bartomeu to back down.

Its now or never for me. This is our only chance of signing him when he is in good condition.

Would you be prepared to wait 12 months for Messi, and take the player on a free?

The danger would be other clubs and age is a factor. Obviously it would depend on his form.

I think we now find out just how strongly Messi believes in his legal position. If they are 100% why would you stay another season? And even if he is unsure he can just sit tight and refuse to play and force bartomeu to back down.

Personally for me it's this year or never

It sounds like you have taken some sentences from Talksport and chopped them up like them thin white duke and put them back together.

Narrative tends to be one of the most misused word this days, and has taken on a pantomime villain role as a pejorative term.

Do i detect some subtle promotions for your own show here Mr Gough ;-)

Nobody wants him here against his will, we just wish he showed us the same class of the pitch as he did on the pitch.
He has, he wanted a way out without all this fuss, your idiot in charge decided to go a different route.

(At least you're honest about your location, are you really a barca fan though ?)

Barcelona were still in CL on June 10th. Would they have wanted Messi to terminate his contract then or would they have claimed that the season wasn't over.
The circumstances made it impossible for Messi to perform that part of the contract that allowed him to terminate without, as you say, dropping Barca in it. This must be them showing their gratitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.