Covid: Personal views

Generally just little things really.
2 metre distancing, I just can't see how this is a big enough space between people to stop the spread of infection.
Face Masks, the claims the protect other people but not yourself.
The inconsistencies with regard to travel restrictions.
I suppose none of us like authority wielding more control over us.

However I watched something about 2 years ago about the global economy and it was argued that it was on the brink of collapse, I can't find I link to it but I would love to watch it again. I very simplistic terms I remember they alluded that there would need to be something that impacted the whole world such as a war or natural disaster where money would become no object and the whole financial system would in effect have a reset. I just stuck with me and struck a chord with everything going on now, not for one minute saying this is the case or trying to convince anyone of this.
I will have a go at responding with what I think about your points and why. I too am not trying to convince either, rather to look at what backs up, if anything why I think the way I do.

2m distance. This hasnt been arrived at from the back of a fag packet, although, with some of the responses to the effect of the pandemic and how best to deal with it, i can accede to it can appear that way. The reason for the 2m rule, as I understand it, was arrived at through experimenting with the volume of water exhaled from the lungs that can and do allow the virus to be contagious. It was shown that at that distance the threat is reduced, not removed, and that keeping this distance could helo to reduce infection rates. It also took into consideration we have as people to be able to interact as close as this need dictates and still reduce the possibility of infecting others. It was never claimed to be a panacea to the situation, just part of a range of measures that could help. This has now moved to include wearing a mask in certain situations. It just seems probable to me that distancing yourself from a potential source of infection is a good option to take. If this virus was say Ebola and you knew your insides were going to turn to mush before it killed you, I dont think anyone would think keeping a distance was a waste of time. The fact that most people wont die of covid removes that feeling of absolute self preservation and things like 2m can seem arbitrary and pointless. I dont think it is and the science backs up that keeping apart helps, so I try to do it, even though it be be difficult when other people don't comply. I think we can all agree that the recent spikes all over the world started to appear when people started to congregate and a slackening of the rules happened. We up here in Scotland are facing the returning to measures that we had and that worked in reducing the R number for this very reason. So that why I think it helps and therefore why I will try and continue to observe it.

Masks are primarily for you not to infect others and I dont think it has ever been stated they dont help you, but, any barrier is better than none and the better the barrier the more effective it is, in this regard. The problems arise when we dont take the mask off properly, or, clean our hands and the touch our face and mouth..its difficult to do, and I would be lying through my teeth if I said I did this properly every time. I dont. But, I should.

The world economy going tits up is not beyond the realms. It could happen, but, my view is that it would need to be absolutely catastrophic circumstances, a loss of the technology that it depends upon. And even then money in coins and paper may be used. Those who run the world economy, and not the fuck8ng illuminati or the Rothschilds will find a way to keep it going, and for good reasons. None more so than they do very well out of it and why kill the golden goose. A meteor strike might lead us back to the Stoneage but until then, I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Why weren’t we wearing masks during the ‘flu season’ in the past ?
Because the natural R0 for Flu is about 1.5 and for Covid it's about 5.7. (Do the maths.) Also if you catch Flu you get ill. If you get Covid-19 only a third become ill. - I.e. Covid-19 spreads like wildfire. Measles is 12 but most people have either had it or are inoculated against it.
Covid-19 also kills 3 times as many people as a bad flu, 1918 asside of course.

Last edited:
It really doesn’t, anyone that posts absolute twattish views is down to them. Not the platform it’s shared on
Facebook’s personal profiling and algorithms mean the more that people go down a certain wormhole the more they will be bombarded with suggested content and targeted advertising of a similar nature, no matter how deranged. The likes of Trump, Bannon, Cambridge Analytica, Farage, Cummings etc were early adopters in recognising this and gaming the system. Similar with YouTube tbf though to a slightly lesser extent

why is it so far fetched? Certainly Some changes are being made which can justify a conspiracy that at least it has created conditions that allow certain policies to be pushed

things like cashless society.

Forcing small businesses to close

Making the old and vulnerable seem less worthy by ordering them to stay inside and not prioritise them for life-saving treatment.

That’s only a few things but to not have any scepticism about it means you are a asleep a little in my opinion
Nutter alert...

Quite an interesting/scary read on the BBC website (yes, yes I know, the evil mainstream media) about conspiracy theories and how they are starting to link up with each other. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-53997203
Its scary as I have seen a couple of the things it mentions on here starting to appear as shared posts by people I know on Facebook. The save the children thing it mentions has been posted a few times recently by a female i know who I'm not sure really understands the significance of it. The posts she shares are all quite normal around child abuse and abusers being evil etc but I've just clicked through onto the account of the person who's post she has shared and it doesn't take more than a couple of scrolls down to find posts naming various Hollywood celebrities and politicians as being involved in it and links to stories and 'news' articles confirming it all......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.