It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barely moved all week, that’s with different info and people betting I imagine. Now after an actual meeting and the odds drift massively, that would suggest some information...

it’s everyone lumping on lol.why does anyone think bookies “know something”

it’s odds. They always WIN. There’s a line. They shift odds based on where money is being placed and shift the odds to ensure they’re always ahead in “profit” it’s basically a license to print money.

It is a circus at the moment with journalists following Messi and much written and inferred about very little.

We have come to the point where Messi has to make his intentions regarding his future at Barcelona clear. If he wants an exit, there is a clear exit route.

One season at Barca seems like an unsatisfactory solution for everyone.

Yeah this. I don't doubt they've tried. Might just decide its not worth a legal battle.
But that seems odd as they were supposedly really pushing for this. There must be a way this can be resolved with Bartomeu or without

unfortunately though it seems we will fail as it sounds his clause isnt clear about being able to leave?

Id be really surprised if the legal team that we have and that he has behind him hasnt looked over this and know exactly what is needed.

Remember this is the group that took on UEFA at CAS and tore them a new one.......

it suggests people have lumped money on him staying after the leaks this morning so the markets react, all that would be needed is a few people to put bets on him to come to city and it would change again

it’s everyone lumping on lol.why does anyone think bookies “know something”

it’s odds. They always WIN. There’s a line. They shift odds based on where money is being placed and shift the odds to ensure they’re always ahead in “profit” it’s basically a license to print money.

No it just means that there's been a glut of money being placed on Messi to stay and the odds are moving to reflect that.

So they blindly work and just go with where the money is moving? As I say that would influence it a bit, I’m not having that’s the case here. It all looks very negative hence our odds improving....

People just need to chill.

Messi and his dad are pushing this as far as they possibly can and the City exec are right with them. They are not trying to leg us over in any way.

What Bartycakes has done successfully, is shift the focus of discussion from 'will he leave for free now' to 'will he leave for free next year or will barca get a fee for him now.' Even temporarily . and for that i give him credit.

People just need to chill.

Messi and his dad are pushing this as far as they possibly can and the City exec are right with them. They are not trying to leg us over in any way.
I can understand people on here not chilling out though. We have been here before Kaka,jorginho sanchez etc etc, where the information was kindly given but never came to fruition, ITK's are great and appreciated but nothing is ever concrete, I've been around this forum way to many years to take any information as 100%. Let's hope Messi is arriving but don't be surprised if its next season not this..

Bookies dont get info, they take bets and those bets affect the odds.

Books like this will swing to and fro over even small wagers.

I think there was some research on transfer odds not long ago and it was exposed that it actually takes very little money to swing those odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.