It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is one of the pre recorded ones, were led to believe there is only one narrative and that is he wants to leave?

he may of course Have recorded a video proclaiming is undying love for Barcelona, aswell as the one saying he wants to leave. I’ll be amazed that the Messi camp didn’t see all this coming before he downed tools . All seems odd, but seems far from over this one, no way will he sign an extended contract, that’s the key to all of this.

Hopefully it will be the prerecorded interview @tolmie's hairdoo referred to. My only concern is that there still seems to be a naivety at City, apparently taking players or representatives at their word and end up embarrassed.

We had it last year with Jorginho and previously with Dani Alves. If Messi decides to stay after all, despite our protestations to the contrary, it would look like we’ve been played again.

100% agreed

This maybe?

“Messi’s father met his son and told him he had to stay in Barcelona”

if it’s true, that’s actually a good gambit. Obvs don’t know the financial side of things but I’d wager that indebted as they are Barça can’t afford to rebuild without getting some cash for Messi. If he stays that doesn’t happen and he leaves as a free agent at seasons end. Meanwhile they pay his (allegedly) huge salary and image rights and contend with an unhappy Messi for the season.....

Barto’s bluff has been called....perhaps

I'd be very surprised if he were speaking outside of Barca TV to announce he's staying at Barca. Just my opinion of course, and if he does speak then that is exactly what City expected to happen next from what I've been told.

?

City expect him to speak to Barcelona TV to say he's staying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.