2020/21 - A New Season

Personally I think unless we change the way we play at the back, and work harder to get the ball back like we did in the two title winning seasons then it’s going to be more of the same. Hammering some teams, particularly those in the bottom half of the table where we hardly dropped a point last season but then losing against the better organised ones with quick forwards. Wolves away first game isn’t a great one to start with.

The left back situation isn’t great but we have won two titles with makeshift left backs so it’s not that alone that will cause us problems.

Are we ready ? A very good question, we seemed to come out of the blocks with two early signings no messing about straight forward and job done .
But things have slowed since...these internationals have certainly not helped we need to start strong , and I think we will but long term into the season what worries me with fatigue etc I’d be more confident with a left back / right back to be honest, more and more sides seem to be sussing us out it’s now we need a plan B Which we never had last season. I don’t see a a clear two horse race this season it’s going to be a little more open especially with the current circumstances.Fitness is going to be crucial and a little bit more luck with injuries.
Going to be interesting I’d like to say sit back and enjoy the ride but history tells us being a city fan it’s not that easy .

@Keeper! Sorry that should be chill woman! :-)

I know where you are coming from but it just gets my goat when people seem to assume that City should now revolve around Messi.

I know, I know, a woman having the temerity to post on a football forum! Luckily BM folk are used to me now!
Please accept my apologies.

No one is bigger than Manchester City FC.

And no one is doing us a favour by their presence.

Last edited:
We’re not ready, that’s not through a lack of preparation or anything though, it’s simply a consequence of the scheduling. Us and united have been shafted hard by those European competitions, we will have no pre season and no time together thanks to the idiotic international fixtures to do any work on formation/tactics.

Fitness shouldn’t be a big issue, a little rust in the first few games particularly after about 60 minutes is highly likely which could cost us dearly but match fitness will be achieved relatively quickly.

Sadly we won’t see any drastic change in our style, we need a way of dealing with the simple easy ball over the top that constantly beats our high line and we need a return to a high press and to ditch the inverted wingers that condense the pitch making it much easier for teams to just pack the box but we have no time for Pep to work on any of those things on the training pitch.

It will be interesting to see how Ake and Torres get on early doors, it typically takes new signings a long time to bed in, they’ll have to do it without the usual 6 weeks on the training pitch learning.

I am getting increasingly concerned that we don’t seem to be upto speed for the new season. We were very erratic last year at times and since the we have lost Sane and Merlin and Fern is a year older. Ok the two new signings so far but the season kicks off in 9 days and I am not even sure many players are back.

Aguero won’t be anywhere near fit, messi and the Napoli defender transfers seem a headache! Pep is in quartabtine? We have played no pre season games and we are playing catch up straight away and Liverpool and Arsenal seem to have been in training for 3 weeks. Add in a very tough away game at wolves and I sense a poor start. We could be six points behind Liverpool in the first week.
That's the spirit

One things for sure the top two is now a top 4 possibly a top 5 with arsenal as dark horses. As we all know football teams evolve over time and Chelsea and the Rags were bound to improve at some point.Should be an interesting season coming up.

One things for sure the top two is now a top 4 possibly a top 5 with arsenal as dark horses. As we all know football teams evolve over time and Chelsea and the Rags were bound to improve at some point.Should be an interesting season coming up.

agree any of the top 5 can win it this year. Last few signings either way could sway it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.