It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's your basic 'people don't understand what it means' quote, which is saying precisely that.

Liverpool say the same thing.

Everyone understands exactly what it means, as it means exactly the same to a Sheffield Wednesday person, going back there as it does to someone going back to Barca.

It's not just your fault tbf as some City fans are actually inviting it.

In all fairness, i can't fucking understand 'what it means' to be a liverpoom fan. That lecel of cultism, delusion, and self entitlement i just can not comprehend. From people i know and have a lot of time for as well as the average chest pounder , totally grounded till it cones to liverpool, the this level of, i don't even know what to call it, extreme nationalism is probably closest, comes out from fuck knows where.

I said this yesterday, using the Chess analogy. Barcelona moved a piece on the board which we would have preferred they hadn't.

However, we've always known they could make that move, and we'll have an alternative strategy for that move.

Playing Chess, you're always weighing up which moves your opponent could make and thinking several steps ahead, should any of those moves be made.

I think City will still want to win the game ... it'll just take a few more moves to corner Barca's King.

I agree with this. Either this is all a big game which is still being played out or Messi’s dad is exactly what he appears to be which is someone playing at being a powerful agent who clearly isnt. I.e a terrible chess player.

If they thought they would get Barca to let Messi go on a free and it would all be fine then that’s naive, Top business men think two or three moves ahead, what’s he’s going to do and how will I get round it.
If this is the end of the saga then it all looks very amateur hour from Messi and his family. They took Barca at there word and once they said no didn’t have a back up plan of what to do next.

Personally I would I released that video a week ago with out announcing I was staying. Make Barca respond, make my position at Barca impossible to come back from. He could of kept all the fans on side while saying I won’t play for this man.
Just seemed a bit weak from Messi, can I go? No, alright il stay but I’m not happy about it.

What a disappointing couple of days. The lad we wanted from Barca decides to stay but the one we hoped would fuck off is still here giving us life lessons on what a truly remarkable club it is, unlike any other yadda yadda yadda.
Life is so unfair sometimes.

In all fairness, i can't fucking understand 'what it means' to be a liverpoom fan. That lecel of cultism, delusion, and self entitlement i just can not comprehend. From people i know and have a lot of time for as well as the average chest pounder , totally grounded till it cones to liverpool, the this level of, i don't even know what to call it, extreme nationalism is probably closest, comes out from fuck knows where.

It's because, like our friend on here, they all repeat it to each other, thus believe it & they have more non attending hangers on & tourists than less successful clubs, who are attracted to the bullshit first & foremost.

If you take away that bullshit, those people lose the very thing which attracts them & their whole belief system is challenged, so they fight to make it real.

Why would I feel an inferiority complex about a man who refers to himself as a “Cule” and spends his days on a City forum?

The difference between a baseless accusation & the weight of the body of evidence

You manufactured conclusions based on that chip on your shoulder, your accusation is based on the evidence that I am a cule and spend time on a City forum. Of all the different forums I frequent, only you conclude I am there due to a perceived inferiority complex (Not from evidence)

Good luck with that complex, I am fine on my end

I'll drop this in here.

I believe our lack of clinical edge is more down to mentality than lack of ability or personnel. When the team was pumped up for games from 17-19 we very often found a way to break through, even the apparently "awful" finishers like Sterling and Jesus were popping up with good and important goals. Liverpool have done it a load of times themselves these past two years, but the second they won the title and their heads dropped they started to struggle to find the breakthrough as often all of a sudden. This season De Bruyne has had a better mentality than anyone and I don't think it's a coincidence that he's often the guy creating or scoring with something out of nothing to give us a chance to not lose (often in vain).

Our inability to defend is also mental, but also far more linked to personnel. The way we play leaves defenders a bit more exposed than other teams and I don't believe we're the most rigidly coached defensive side so we need very competent individuals to minimise errors and issues. In fairness I think normally we do this well anyway, but having higher quality players and more of them ensures fewer off days and better capabilities against better sides.

We don't need better finishers, we just need better motivation. We maybe need another centre forward for depth though. We DEFINITELY need another defender though, preferably a CB, preferably Koulibaly (as he comes with a leadership bonus).

Torres is a good signing because hopefully he can help us sustain our pressing a bit better, which should leave the defence less exposed too. Better pressing = less defending, but that falls under motivation for me.

@simon23

Yeah, the NT desire has long been mentioned but that was also years ago he said that, it may well have changed - we'll see, I am not expecting him to return next season as some have speculated. I just know he will return, no idea when - I suspect even he is not certain of when exactly

I suspect it will be when he has done everything else he wants to...it will then be a complete cycle and he may finish his career in football there

I don't know why anyone would call Torres a squad player other than because he cost £20m.

This is Spain's most talented u21 player, he is a youth prospect on the level of Foden, at least as good as Sané was when he joined. A player Spain's big 2 would have loved to sign, but Silva & Pep got us to the front of the queue.

Oh but because we took Valencia to the cleaners as he ran his contract down, he's just a squad player...
Where does he play? You compared to Sane, does he play on the wing, or is he more central?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.