John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think Pep will want to go into the new season with only Fernandinho & his son, as right sided central defenders who have ever played in the Premier League ? With no real pre season ?
If we can't get rid of the players that we need to, we may well have to compromise like last season, which is not good.

We tried to sell Otto last summer, no takers, so far it seems the same this year and if a decent offer came in for John Stones, I think Pep would let him leave, he no longer trusts him.

If we can't get rid of the players that we need to, we may well have to compromise like last season, which is not good.

We tried to sell Otto last summer, no takers, so far it seems the same this year and if a decent offer came in for John Stones, I think Pep would let him leave, he no longer trusts him.

I think it could possibly be a career ending mistake from Pep, if he gets rid of both our most senior cbs at this late stage.

No time to train new ones & barely any qualified backup for injuries etc.

I think it could possibly be a career ending mistake from Pep, if he gets rid of both our most senior cbs at this late stage.

You mean the two experienced CB that could not get a game last season, despite Laporte missing a large portion of the season, a 33 yr old CM player and a untried 19 yr old kid getting in front of both?

Come on, they are both picking up big money, and their contributions have been minimal. Otto no problem, his time at the top is over but sadly Stones is a waste of space, a great talent but unfulfilled and needs a new start.

You mean the two experienced CB that could not get a game last season, despite Laporte missing a large portion of the season, a 33 yr old CM player and a untried 19 yr old kid getting in front of both?

Come on, they are both picking up big money, and their contributions have been minimal. Otto no problem, his time at the top is over. Stones is a waste of space, sad but true.

I mean the only two experienced cbs, exept Laporte, who has enough on his plate trying to regain form & full fitness.

I don't know what has been going on with Stones, but imo, he wasn't very well managed from a football p.o v. If there is a guaranteed way to knock a players confidence & match sharpness then his usage last season would be it. If he was truly that far gone, he'd have been better off just being dropped & transfer listed rather than dragged around doing fuck all then stuck in for1 game to make a tit of himself.

Good lord! You would think we were talking about Maldini, Nesta or Puyol here! its Stones, fucking John Stones! A career ending move for Pep if he gets rid of Stones? I am beginning to think Stones is some kind of Don Corleone here at City, fucking untouchable, you talk bad about him or you sell and just like that you are done!

Good lord! You would think we were talking about Maldini, Nesta or Puyol here! its Stones, fucking John Stones! A career ending move for Ppe to get rid of Stones? I am beginning to think Stones is some kind of Don Corleone here at City, fucking untouchable, you talk bad about him or you sell and just like that you are done!

Because, if Otanendi & Stones left tomorrow, like some people are wishing for, our central defensive options, to challenge for 4 competitions, would be: Fernandinho, Ake, Laporte & Garcia.

For Fucks Sake.

I mean the only two experienced cbs, exept Laporte, who has enough on his plate trying to regain form & full fitness.

I don't know what has been going on with Stones, but imo, he wasn't very well managed from a football p.o v. If there is a guaranteed way to knock a players confidence & match sharpness then his usage last season would be it. If he was truly that far gone, he'd have been better off just being dropped & transfer listed rather than dragged around doing fuck all then stuck in for1 game to make a tit of himself.
I don't understand your stance on John Stones. He is a player with incredible natural talent, a player whom his manager rated highly, a player who has had incredible support from that manager, yet John Stones has not only let himself down but Pep.

Pep clearly has lost his trust, understandably, yet you and posters on here still have this blind faith over John Stones.

I just don't get it, last season we lost our best CB to a long term injury, THIS WAS JOHN STONE'S OPPORTUNITY TO SHOW HIS WORTH, what did he do? nothing , absolutely nothing, he went missing , as he has done every time the pressure is on.

Four years he has been here, and he is going backwards, he is not even at the level when we signed him!

Let's cut our losses, get what we can for him and move on.

It is in the best interest of both parties.

Stones splitting with his wife has resulted in a massive fall off in his performance level.
I said last season that he needs to work hard at his game but he is still making horrible mistakes. The Villa Cup final being a case in point he was actually excellent in that game baring one mistake that led to a goal.
He needs to concentrate better during a game to remain in City's medium to long term plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.