Phil Foden to leave England camp

Sent home in disgrace and his club issuing a statement condemning him, sorry, mate, he is got it coming to him and rightly so.

Exactly, he's going to be dealt with and that's fair enough. Like I said the whole of England bashing em isn't gonna do them any favours in the long run. The embarrassment at being sent home by your country and City letting him know what's what would suffice, that's gonna hurt.

they broke Covid protocol
I don't give a shit about covid, I do care that 2 high profile young guys representing their country for the first time put themselves in a situation like this.
You simply don't get involved in bringing young girls into your room, honey trap and all that.....

And RE Covid, he has already had one bolocking for a breach of lockdown!

Let's have it right, he's a kid himself. Maybe you've never made an error of judgement, I definitely have when I was a young lad.

We still don't even know the full facts, I reckon both being sent home and a telling off by City and United is probably gonna be enough for em both without the whole of England battering em.
Had I just completed my senior England debut (it would have been fifty years ago and not having the right kind of feet didn't help me one bit) I would have kept to right side of every fuckin' rule laid down and a few more I'd have put in place myself. The argument is that he is a kid doesn't wash. He's a young adult, and yes, we all make mistakes, but he shouldn't be having those kinds of errors of judgment even at 20 years old and within an England camp.

Barely outta nappies pal & I’m sure they will take full responsibility but don’t underestimate the power of the FA to make an absolute clusterfuck of organising a weekend away, we are talking about two kids given a bit of freedom after 6 months of lock down & it’s gone too their heads a little, hence the need for a senior pro to room with, and a hotel in an entirely bio secure environment, why do you think Gareth hasn’t completely thrown them under the bus? Like I said previously he’s one of us and a City player, England/The FA should be looking after him a lot better than they have

What the fuck is a hotel in a bio security environment? They know the Covid rules like the rest of us. They probably weren't even allowed out of their hotel but they managed to find a way to get up to mischief within the hotel - we've all been there - but they need to man up and take this on their shoulders.

I imagine Gareth hasn't thrown them under the bus because of the age. Young people do stupid things, that's not a surprise. But when they sneak girls into their hotel room the buck should stop with them, as adult men, not the FA.

I am, as well.

But, even if Greenwood was driving him to do this (and we obviously don’t know if that is true; could have easily been the opposite or a completely mutual decision), he wasn’t being forced to do it and could have put his foot down and said they weren’t going to be doing anything of the sort.

As I said to @grim up north before, my disappointment comes with being involved in the confirmed breach, full stop. The other tawdry details are of less interest to me.

Yeah it would be nice if we as a club could stay out of the spotlight for a few days, the fact our name is mentioned giving the media ammo where they don't even need a reload is gonna piss a lot of people off at the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.