Phil Foden to leave England camp

I am not executing him, but I am saying he is a fucking idiot, 2 entirely different things, he has made a right fucking show of himself, and his Mrs, I bet she is well pleased
I just hope the damage this has caused to his family and himself can be repaired eventually.

Totally agree.
He's let his country down, let City down, let his family down.
Can you imagine the man he is replacing in our team doing this shite.
Sounds like City heirachy are not amused.
Replacing Daveed's footballing ability is hard enough, replacing the man is almost impossible.
Foden needs to learn from this, but we've seen with other players that 'relationship' problems can seriously affect their performances on the pitch.

I'm just so disappointed with the lad, so many people have put so much time in to him and had so much expectations for him.

Hopefully he'll now buckle down and work towards being a better person.

how many times do we say footballers are not the sharpest tools in the box, and sadly we are proved right again

but after period of condemnation(rightly so) they will both be back as they are both too valuable to be be disposed of by either club nor country

don't know about greenwood but in phils case he has to face up to his girlfriend and face that, and that he may not live down

Hero to Zero in just a few days. Not a word of criticism about Foden in anything he did and pride in him getting the first of many caps but now several City fans queuing to put the boot in in a really vicious way. He deserves to be criticised but I feel uncomfortable with the words and the tone almost bordering on hatred some people are using.
We have not produced many 'of our own' for some years so l had forgotten how we often turn on local lads, Richard Edgehill being just one.

I've had all day to think this over and I have softened a little.

Everyone fucks up.

I am not that far off of the age of Phil Foden. Throughout my life I have fucked up countless times. Very few of them have been with the intent of hurting or upsetting anyone. If Phil was my mate, I would hate the idea that he judges me on my fuck ups.

Phil should not have let those women in his room. End of. That was a fuck up.

Would I have done the same? Probably no.

Does that give me the right to judge him? No.

Foden is a remarkably talented footballer. Will this situation change that? I doubt it. I still believe and hope he has a long and successful career. I feel for his family and especially the mother of his child. They don't have it easy right now. Neither does Phil- he has a difficult and very upsetting path ahead of him. He'll come out the other end like Terry, like Rooney et al.

He's probably a big part of the future of the club we all love. This mistake does not change that. I only hope it never happens again.

Thanks.

Breaking the boundaries set up for their own safety was pathetic (considering their newly found status in the squad and on the cusp of a new season).

The suspected cheating on his Mrs, tw@ttish thing to do on the face of it but each and every couple have their own set ups so we shouldn't necessarily judge (who knows maybe they are 'flexible' in that department?). Regardless, the public nature of this will not be impressing anyone I imagine.

However, a quote from your decent post above has struck a chord with me;

'He'll come out the other end like Terry, like Rooney et al.'

Whilst you are probably correct to compare him to those individuals, I think I had higher hopes for the lad on and off the pitch and he has seemingly fallen to their comparison by the age of 20.

I wanted him to be better.

Do I expect too much from our players? Probably.

Should I just drop the bar so low that nobody can fall below that benchmark?
F#ck no - I can still remember how fuming I was that we were in advanced negotiations to sign either of those tw@ts.

I would have had an enormous problem if we had signed Rooney - I still hope for more from Foden............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.