Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got Garcia for practically free, you won't be losing him for free if a fee of 10-15M is accepted. Moreover, you can't be guilty of poaching when it's one of your own - particularly involving an expiring contract
When other clubs don't pay up our asking prize (Garcia) they are fucking arrogant
and if other clubs don't accept our first bid (KK) they are fucking arrogant, too.

No commend.

Not arrogance at all. Garcia and Sane have both lead the club to believe they would sign extensions at some point. Bayern and Barcelona have been tapping them up for years in order to run down said contracts and then pay peanuts for them. Rinse and repeat. Kk fee is high based on life after covid and his age. In an ideal world we pay the fair market value for Kk and receive fair market value for Garcia. It won’t happen and city will be portrayed as overspending and not giving young players a chance.

Garcia and Sane have both lead the club to believe they would sign extensions at some point.

You allways get this thrown at players who run there contracts down. There is zero evidence for it. There will have been conversations off the record all teh time between club and player and what they want and what they can get. I dont begrudge any of them for making the decisions they do.

At base level it comes down to can the club convince them to stay - its based on cash, nationality and also on field issues. Sane is German, Garcia is Spanish, fair fucks if they want to go home. Milner left as he was peripheral and joind a weaker club where he would play more (or thought he would), again fair fucks. It is what it is.

You allways get this thrown at players who run there contracts down. There is zero evidence for it. There will have been conversations off the record all teh time between club and player and what they want and what they can get. I dont begrudge any of them for making the decisions they do.

At base level it comes down to can the club convince them to stay - its based on cash, nationality and also on field issues. Sane is German, Garcia is Spanish, fair fucks if they want to go home. Milner left as he was peripheral and joind a weaker club where he would play more (or thought he would), again fair fucks. It is what it is.

So during those discussions why would they not sign an extension so the club could receive the appropriate transfer fee? No matter how you dress it up their actions have cost city financially and it is disingenuous.

The games is all about opinions.

All I know he is a 19 yr old Spanish kid playing for the 1st team of Manchester City FC in the Premier League and the Champions League, in my book, that is a magnificent achievement.

He is small, yes, he is not the fastest, yes, he is not great in the air, yes, but he can read the game and for someone so young is fearless and confident.

Barca don't want this guy back for the fun or it. Remember Gerard Pique? Very similar situation when he was with the Rags, and if Garcia archives half of what Piquet did on his return to Barca, he will have a great career.

He wants to go home, is that so bad? Just imagine if we sell Harwood-Bellis to Dortmund in Germany, he goes there , becomes a high quality player and City want to resign him. You don't think he would want to come back?

We are blues, Garcia isn't, big difference when making career and life choices.

With respect, none of that has anything to do with what I posted, which was replying to you saying 'give him a break' .

Why give him a break? What has he done, on the pitch, to deserve it ?

My question is not why he wants to go, it's why the fuck are we even thinking about playing him ? I would be even more worried, if he was signing a new deal

There are a set of relevant questions in my previous post which I recon nobody can give a decent answer to.

The football question standard reply is 'don't question Pep'.

Well re this kid & his footballing right to play in our team, I am doing; I think he's fucking insane if he continues with it.

Garcia is in the same boat as Angelino, not good enough for us. If we can get a fee all well and good if we can't then the lad will have filled his obligation under his contract and therefore wish him well in the future. For me just creates another opportunity for another academy player to be given his chance.

Spanish kids are always going to want to return to Real Madrid or Barca. If a bid comes in from Bayern for a German player on our books they will likeiy leave.

Seria A the last decade has been an inferior league so not a problem.

Personally think signing young players from South America, Belgium, Holland, France is the way to go.

Garcia is in the same boat as Angelino, not good enough for us. If we can get a fee all well and good if we can't then the lad will have filled his obligation under his contract and therefore wish him well in the future. For me just creates another opportunity for another academy player to be given his chance.

Should that not be happening from now on, instead of using him ?

And will the best City academy kids who didn't come through Barca's youth system & don't have Pep & Txiki's mate as an agent, get the same run in the team as Garcia ?

Would we even want them to, if they produced the same level
Spanish kids are always going to want to return to Real Madrid or Barca. If a bid comes in from Bayern for a German player on our books they will likeiy leave.

Seria A the last decade has been an inferior league so not a problem.

Personally think signing young players from South America, Belgium, Holland, France is the way to go.

Especially when you consider that we haven't had a genuine first team prospect from Barca or Madrid, even though some have had an easier route to chances in the first team than many other kids around them.

You got Garcia for practically free, you won't be losing him for free if a fee of 10-15M is accepted. Moreover, you can't be guilty of poaching when it's one of your own - particularly involving an expiring contract
The problem with that logic is having an extra defender on hand who knows the system and the manager trusts is worth more to us this year than 10-15m. We literally just had a season where injuries in the back line likely cost us a title, the schedule this year is crazy, and we're definitely not hard up for cash. So either pay up or don't, I can't imagine anyone is Manchester is losing sleep over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.