Kalidou Koulibaly

Umtiti had a bad ACL injury and has struggled to fully recover, lost pace and was out of favour so they bought in Lenglet. I'd stay well clear given injury history, and he's left footed. Apparently they want to include him in a deal for Depay anyway. Could find his form there, but we can't afford to take such a risk

A defender who can't get in that team ?

Hmm

For the nth time, I do NOT know what City's plans are for the defence. There are no 'concrete' news stories so the safe assumption is that City are struggling to replace Kompany.

Perhaps you would like to add to the discussion then. What news do you have about Koulibaly, or a new right-sided centre-back? Exactly. Nothing.
I have no news about KK so will not join in with you and others making stuff up to keep the thread active
You on the other hand come out with speculative comments and assert it to be good info, do you not see that?

Look, if we don't get a new CB in who's an upgrade on Stones and Otamendi, our chances of winning the league will be very slim unless Laporte-Aké turns out to be an incredible partnership (and I doubt Pep will even want to play them together unless he has to). Koulibaly is one of the few CBs who seem to be available. Just pay the last few million, Txiki, it's not worth (probably) throwing away our league challenge over.

Speed doesn't last forever. We maybe quite correct to pass on KK.

Our defence was a shambles last season. It started at Norwich, and by Lyon Pep was so concerned he ended up protecting the defence by filling the midfield with defensive players. When that game finished, I think every City fan expected City to implement a solution over the Summer but here we are with 7 days to go to the Wolves and nothing is apparent.

Speed doesn’t last forever but with Koulibaly it doesn’t need to. Everything else he offers is top class, he could have Otamendi’s pace and still be levels above all of our defenders.

Ake is an improvement to our defense as well. Laporte and Ake is already better than any of our CB pairings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.