The Michael Oliver Penalty Thread

Think you might want to go to Specsavers
Sure, just come back and stick by what I said. Blame ref for Trent call, some refs give it and some don't, also ball much closer when it hit (moreover expecting a ref to rule in our favour at Anfield, just daft). The Leeds player had plenty time to get his arm out the way, much clearer call.

Been 1 game into season and people are losing their heads over 2 obvious pen calls for one that wasn't given a whole year ago. Move on already.

Sure, just come back and stick by what I said. Blame ref for Trent call, some refs give it and some don't, also ball much closer when it hit (moreover expecting a ref to rule in our favour at Anfield, just daft). The Leeds player had plenty time to get his arm out the way, much clearer call.
You said ' Trent's arm was close to his body while the other guy's arm was extended and in an abnormal position' which just isn't the case but if you want to believe it then that's fine. I could see from the away end that we should have had a penalty, I didn't need VAR or countless replays at the time, and I still don't, to know that was a penalty. I am also sure that, unless it has been changed again, that no penalties were to be awarded if the ball touches a player's hand/arm immediately from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player. Was this not the case for the first penalty?

Been 1 game into season and people are losing their heads over 2 obvious pen calls for one that wasn't given a whole year ago. Move on already.
The first penalty ricocheted off the player's knee. The ref might not have seen that in real-time but it was obvious in replays so why didn't VAR over-rule it or at least ask the ref to check it himself?

The first penalty ricocheted off the player's knee. The ref might not have seen that in real-time but it was obvious in replays so why didn't VAR over-rule it or at least ask the ref to check it himself?
You are correct but we expected too much fairness for a season set for Liverpool as champions. VAR was off, they did not even second check the second Salah goal which could also have been offside. It is what it is.

I've gone back 10 seasons of pens awarded in the PL to find the average position of the teams. It's only an indicator, but suggests that, on average, City easily finish highest with the number of penalties awarded than Liverpool or Utd.

Man Utd 1st, 1st, 14, 14, 8, 8, 6, 1st, 8, 4. Average position: 6.5.
Man City 2, 14, 3, 2, 2, 1st, 3, 5, 2, 1st. Average: 3.5.
Liv 7, 5, 9, 4, 18, 5, 1st, 4, 6, 5. Av: 6.4.

I've gone back 10 seasons of pens awarded in the PL to find the average position of the teams. It's only an indicator, but suggests that, on average, City easily finish highest with the number of penalties awarded than Liverpool or Utd.

O1DO.gif

He's a competition on his hands. The Alty Tit has given two today - the second of which would never be given had Raz been on the receiving end. Funny how Taylor doesn't need two seconds of reflection but is pointing to the spot before the guy's hit the grass! Same with Mason.

I think only teams who's name begins with an L can expect a penalty. St Bruno of Fernandes is pressing MANUre for a name change - Levenshulme United!
No no no no!
And not Longsight either.

giphy (7).gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.