Liverpool thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Var and Oliver is why you won games you were struggling in last season and so it begins this season,don't insult us with your fake city are favs
I’m tempted, I am definitely tempted to bite, but...nah, fuck it. I have zero patience with dipper fans and I’ve served bans on here because of my dislike of them. I’m letting this one go.
Jeez you are a cynical bunch.
I would like to think i have been on here long enough, and posted enough to show that i am not here as a WUM.

In all seriousness....and not fake view.
I think that most here would agree that when all fit and on form that both first 11's are pretty evenly matched. I would say slightly different strengths but close enough.
You look at your record over the last few years, the centurions, the fourmidables and then last season where you lost too many games and were nowhere near the usual standards set. (Laporte injury, KDB injury and playing Fernandinho out of position the main reasons) I doubt that will be the case this season!
Surely then it comes down to squad depth? Clealy City have the advantage in this area.

Or are you all seriously saying that irrespective of fitness and squad depth that you will be cheated out of it by VAR/Refs?? Even if that may be the case that Liverpool are getting decision in their favour, it would only really be relevent in direct games against each other. City should still steamroller most of the others in the league. I mean you took Liverpool apart in the last game.

I know much was made of the comments about the title being shared around, in which case, whose to say it wont go to someone else, or back to City again?

Or are you all seriously saying that irrespective of fitness and squad depth that you will be cheated out of it by VAR/Refs?? Even if that may be the case that Liverpool are getting decision in their favour, it would only really be relevent in direct games against each other. City should still steamroller most of the others in the league. I mean you took Liverpool apart in the last game.

I know much was made of the comments about the title being shared around, in which case, whose to say it wont go to someone else, or back to City again?

I'll pick up on a couple of points here. Yes, we are serious in that VAR and referees can have a huge impact on who might win the PL. Look at our game against Spurs at home last season. We were denied an obvious penalty when one of their players was all over Rodri, from our corner. We were denied a winning goal due to a 'handball' that should not have been one under the laws of the game. David Elleray confirmed this to me in an email.

That game was early in the season, and the dropped points were a setback. The season before, when Liverpool were benefiting from every marginal call and getting penalties and offside goals, was fresh in the memory. We had to be absolutely immaculate in our final games, and we were, winning the last 14 to win the league by a point. But seeing the clear bias continuing into the start of last season must have had a detrimental psychological effect on our dressing room. The fans, and probably the players, thought what's the point, we can't compete against this for another season.

And so it was, Liverpool got all the decisions, we got none, until the league was sewn up, at which point, United got all the help available to get them a top four place.

Liverpool supporting friends of mine pointed out that the points difference wasn't entirely due to VAR. This is correct, but at the same time they admitted they picked up seven points from incorrect VAR decisions. (But ignored the points we were denied as shown above).

We see signs of it again this season. Michael Oliver, whose family include Liverpool fans, (or was it Liverpool fan Tierney?) is giving Liverpool soft penalties that referees themselves are saying was the wrong decision. Let's wait and see if this interpretation remains consistent for us and other teams. (We know the same loose interpretations will apply to United).

We don't yet know who the chosen ones are this season. Forgive us for thinking they might wear red. It will take a huge effort to overcome the combined bias of the PL, PGMOL and VAR though.

Anyone been on RAWK lately? I was on there recently, interested to see their reaction to KDB winning Player of the Year. To be fair, they accepted he was the best player in the PL last season.

Whilst there though, I was struck by their sneering attitude towards their rivals. Here are their new season thread titles for Everton, United and us.

Anyone else find this hilarious? No, me neither.

62ea89cd90e6bfe1d34655ac761dfb58.jpg
a1b293895a9ba70b525241b554b2e632.jpg
0ef58d268a3714361f66ffe1dc880a44.jpg

Anyone been on RAWK lately? I was on there recently, interested to see their reaction to KDB winning Player of the Year. To be fair, they accepted he was the best player in the PL last season.

Whilst there though, I was struck by their sneering attitude towards their rivals. Here are their new season thread titles for Everton, United and us.

I can't take any of their posts seriously either. They are just another fan base that has disappered up their own arses.

Last edited:

I think we need to change Liverpool Thread to CoachWreckersSystemHackersAndHeyselHooligansFC

I think we need to change Liverpool Thread to CoachWreckersSystemHackersAndHeyselHooligansFC
Why not just call it the Littlewoods thread?

After all, if it wasn’t for pools' money, they’d still be floundering in the second tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.