Wolves (A) Pre-Match Thread

What will the result be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you EVER say he isn't fit to wear the shirt
You’ve mis-interpreted me here.

I would still have him as first choice in the middle. The point I was making was that ifhe is not quick enough as the person I was replying towas saying then he is not suitable for a place in the squad. I don’t agree.

One of our best players during his 7 years.

although I do agree that without FFP we would have replaced him a year ago with someone better than Rodri.

I’m a bit worried Pep might try and be clever again with some weird tactical change to try and combat Wolves’ counter attacking football. I hope not, as it has seldom worked previously.

I remember us playing 3 at the back against the Scousers in Jan last year and that definitely worked. Personally, I think too much is made of the formations. Lyon's second goal is disallowed and/or Sterling nets his sitter, then the Post Match thread looks a whole lot different and Pep is lauded for changing things up at just the right time.

Bad team to play first considering they will be fitter than our players will be. Have we even played any pre-season games?

They are very comfortable defending- even when under sustained pressure from the opposition. They also don’t give up as we found when we were 2-0 up (though we had 10 men)
Sounds like they should be challenging for the title, anyway lets go there and win next week, im thinking a 1-0 City.

Bad team to play first considering they will be fitter than our players will be. Have we even played any pre-season games?
Nope, we'll be seriously under prepared for this game whilst they will have played twice. I'm expecting a performance to match as well, and Pep will do a Mourinho after the game.

I remember us playing 3 at the back against the Scousers in Jan last year and that definitely worked. Personally, I think too much is made of the formations. Lyon's second goal is disallowed and/or Sterling nets his sitter, then the Post Match thread looks a whole lot different and Pep is lauded for changing things up at just the right time.
The worrying part about our last match was the way we failed to shift gear and kick on after Kev scored. They were the ones who responded and tbh they were worth their second even if it was a bit dodgy. Of course Sterling should have scored but missed chances defined last season really.

Hopefully we can get back on track against the Wolverines but for now at least I travel in hope rather than expectation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.