Yan Couto

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've created a complete strawman.That's not what the choice is. The choice is between Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona...or Manchester City. No one is stopping a client moving to one of the biggest clubs in the world, they're picking from which one they want.
And don't embarass yourself by claiming Madrid don't have a track record. Look at Casemiro, Fede Valverde, Carvajal, Asensio, Mariano, Lucas Vazquez, Rodrygo, Vinicius. Half their fucking squad is players they bought very young and either incubated in Castilla or loaned/sold with very low buybacks.

That's why Brahim went there, because when City said "we'll loan you out and bring you back", he didn't believe it, because it's never happened. When Madrid said they'd do it, he looked at Casemiro, vice captain of Madrid. He looked at Dani Carvajal's 3 CL medals, Marco Asensio's 10 trophies... and he believed that he'd come back to Madrid after a loan because they've got a record of doing it.

Who have City brought through in similar circumstances? Zinchenko maybe?

Denayer was told he would be in the first team so that he signed a contract, then he got farmed out on loan for 3 years. Angelino turned down a €25m transfer to PSG because City really wanted him back...except surprise surprise Pep still didn't like him and he left 4 months later, and went on to the CL semi-finals and being in the team of the tournament. Both players have spoken negatively about what happened to them publicly.

People are going to notice these things. Couto could not have been more clear. He was offered a CFG transfer with a loan for a few years and he turned it down because Bayern and Barcelona were offering first team places. Pep called him, promised him first team action, and he signed for City. He's come out and said all of this himself, so we don't need to guess what the plan was.

At this point it becomes apparent you're speaking from a place of complete and utter ignorance, and are just defending the club for the sake of defending the club because how dare someone say something bad about them.
Madrid have been fortunate that a few of the players they have loaned out and brought back have been good enough to fight for a first team place, they are notorious for buying back players just to basically sell them straight away for a higher price because they can e.g Javi Garcia, Morata and Negredo. We haven't had many that have been on loan and been good enough to return, so we sold them, with a buy back e.g. Angelino. Why have you included Rodrygo and Vinicius I don't know, they haven't been loaned anywhere. They cost a fortune and are first team players.

How about when Real bought Hakimi, he went on loan and tore it up and then they sold him for a huge profit, its how things go these days.

Brahim went there because he thought it would be a good move, it hasn't been. Things change and situations happen as I said.

Denayer signed a new deal, went on loan to prove himself and yes I agree would have been good to see him in the first team squad rather than Pellegrini farming him out to fit in Demchelis but situations change. He probably shouldn't have been filmed kicking people in the head either....

We will never know if Angelino actually had an offer from PSG, we brought him back and Pep didn't like what he saw so we sold him. I think he deserved more chances but what do I know?
Are we going to now argue that Pep shouldn't be allowed to decide who does or doesn't stay in the squad just to show the world that City bring through youngsters?

Lets see if people notice these things, City have been farming out players for years now and so far it doesn't appear to have cost us anything.

Things change, just because Couto was promised first team football doesn't mean its bound by law for that to happen. For all we know he fucking hates the sight of Manchester and wants to move to sunny Girona. Who knows and quite frankly who cares?

He will either come back and be a shrewd piece of business or he gets sold and we bank a few million. Thats business.

Madrid have been fortunate that a few of the players they have loaned out and brought back have been good enough to fight for a first team place, they are notorious for buying back players just to basically sell them straight away for a higher price because they can e.g Javi Garcia, Morata and Negredo. We haven't had many that have been on loan and been good enough to return, so we sold them, with a buy back e.g. Angelino. Why have you included Rodrygo and Vinicius I don't know, they haven't been loaned anywhere. They cost a fortune and are first team players.

How about when Real bought Hakimi, he went on loan and tore it up and then they sold him for a huge profit, its how things go these days.

Brahim went there because he thought it would be a good move, it hasn't been. Things change and situations happen as I said.

Denayer signed a new deal, went on loan to prove himself and yes I agree would have been good to see him in the first team squad rather than Pellegrini farming him out to fit in Demchelis but situations change. He probably shouldn't have been filmed kicking people in the head either....

We will never know if Angelino actually had an offer from PSG, we brought him back and Pep didn't like what he saw so we sold him. I think he deserved more chances but what do I know?
Are we going to now argue that Pep shouldn't be allowed to decide who does or doesn't stay in the squad just to show the world that City bring through youngsters?

Lets see if people notice these things, City have been farming out players for years now and so far it doesn't appear to have cost us anything.

Things change, just because Couto was promised first team football doesn't mean its bound by law for that to happen. For all we know he fucking hates the sight of Manchester and wants to move to sunny Girona. Who knows and quite frankly who cares?

He will either come back and be a shrewd piece of business or he gets sold and we bank a few million. Thats business.

"Denayer signed a new deal, went on loan to prove himself"

That's a very odd way of summarising the fact the he said he'd only sign a contract if he was playing his football at Manchester City, they promised him he would, and then they loaned him out anyway, completely breaking their promise made a few weeks earlier.

This is another strawman, no one ever suggested that.

"Denayer signed a new deal, went on loan to prove himself"

That's a very odd way of summarising the fact the he said he'd only sign a contract if he was playing his football at Manchester City, they promised him he would, and then they loaned him out anyway, completely breaking their promise made a few weeks earlier.

This is another strawman, no one ever suggested that.
I have never seen anything suggesting that Denayer was promised first team football with a new contract? care to share anything.

Once again, I will keep reiterating. Things change.

Football is probably the worst industry in the world for it, look at transfer deadline day. People sat in their cars waiting for a phone call and a dash to a training ground to sign a piece of paper or in some cases they get there and it falls through after hours and it means they are stuck at the parent club.

A loan is probably best for him. We’ve £110mil worth of right-backs on the books. He was never going to get in ahead of Walker and Cancelo so he would just be kicking his heels if he stuck around

You've created a complete strawman.That's not what the choice is. The choice is between Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona...or Manchester City. No one is stopping a client moving to one of the biggest clubs in the world, they're picking from which one they want.

And don't embarass yourself by claiming Madrid don't have a track record. Look at Casemiro, Fede Valverde, Carvajal, Asensio, Mariano, Lucas Vazquez, Rodrygo, Vinicius. Half their fucking squad is players they bought very young and either incubated in Castilla or loaned/sold with very low buybacks.

That's why Brahim went there, because when City said "we'll loan you out and bring you back", he didn't believe it, because it's never happened. When Madrid said they'd do it, he looked at Casemiro, vice captain of Madrid. He looked at Dani Carvajal's 3 CL medals, Marco Asensio's 10 trophies... and he believed that he'd come back to Madrid after a loan because they've got a record of doing it.

Who have City brought through in similar circumstances? Zinchenko maybe?

Denayer was told he would be in the first team so that he signed a contract, then he got farmed out on loan for 3 years. Angelino turned down a €25m transfer to PSG because City really wanted him back...except surprise surprise Pep still didn't like him and he left 4 months later, and went on to the CL semi-finals and being in the team of the tournament. Both players have spoken negatively about what happened to them publicly.

People are going to notice these things. Couto could not have been more clear. He was offered a CFG transfer with a loan for a few years and he turned it down because Bayern and Barcelona were offering first team places. Pep called him, promised him first team action, and he signed for City. He's come out and said all of this himself, so we don't need to guess what the plan was.

At this point it becomes apparent you're speaking from a place of complete and utter ignorance, and are just defending the club for the sake of defending the club because how dare someone say something bad about them.
Great post.

You point to examples at Real Madrid like Hakimi about a player who went on loan and didn't get integrated into their squad.

This has literally NOTHING to do with what's being argued.

The point made from @domalino was clearly about the fact that City integrated practically no loanees, Zinchenko barely counts, and showed many players who we failed, which we did.

You can't possibly expect Madrid to integrate EVERY possible loanee into their squad, its an insanely bad counter argument.

We don't do it at all, we promise them chances, and failed alot.

Any player that signs for us, and isn't an obvious first team signing is making a bad mistake.

Just go to any other club in a top league and be a starter, and don't bother with City's loan carousel.

You point to examples at Real Madrid like Hakimi about a player who went on loan and didn't get integrated into their squad.

This has literally NOTHING to do with what's being argued.

The point made from @domalino was clearly about the fact that City integrated practically no loanees, Zinchenko barely counts, and showed many players who we failed, which we did.

You can't possibly expect Madrid to integrate EVERY possible loanee into their squad, its an insanely bad counter argument.

We don't do it at all, we promise them chances, and failed alot.

Any player that signs for us, and isn't an obvious first team signing is making a bad mistake.

Just go to any other club in a top league and be a starter, and don't bother with City's loan carousel.
You integrate players who you think are good enough. City clearly believe none of the ones we have had on loan are. What's the problem?

As for 'promising them chances'. None of us know the intricacies of the discussions. We have been buying and selling at this level for a decade now. We are still hoovering up talent across the world so clearly the so called reputation that some on here think we have doesn't exist.

I wonder if Gabriel Jesus sat in Brazil thinking about what happened to Denayer before he signed. Maybe Zack Steffen should have checked how we treated Angelino and should have turned down the chance of a lifetime when he accepted City's contract.

A loan is probably best for him. We’ve £110mil worth of right-backs on the books. He was never going to get in ahead of Walker and Cancelo so he would just be kicking his heels if he stuck around
He could’ve started in front of Cancelo for me.

Has this actually happened seems to have had a massive bump because of an unreliable twitter post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.