Yan Couto

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's underplaying. About two sub appearances ever. May as well be nowt. He's totally raw.

I think this kid is incredibly naive. If Cancelo stays then he won't get a look in. He'll train with the first team and probably end up playing EDS football.

It would be a pretty bad look for Pep to personally call a kid, stop him going to Barca (who wanted him for their first team) and then kick him to the EDS.

Maybe he just is actually a prodigy?

Eric Garcia was playing games for the first team the season he arrived, and <2 seasons in he's starting. Foden was starting PL games the season of his u17 World Cup win.

Last edited:
In the midst of the CAS victory this interview seems to have been missed.

It's with the 18 year old Brazilian RB we signed for ~£10m in January. Wasn't sure where to put this as he's not a current player but he's also not a transfer target.

Anyway the headline is that the kid says Pep said he'll be in the first team next pre-season and won't get loaned.

All of these are from City Xtra's twitter.​

"I still have a lot of people to meet [at #ManCity] and become friends with. I met Pep, Gabriel Jesus, Éderson, Agüero. I haven't talked to everyone, but they are good people and I was super happy with the way they received me."

"I know I am new, they have great selection players in the squad. I know that I have to be patient, that I have to evolve, adapt in Europe, but I think that in a short time I may be playing, entering games, playing in Cups."

[When asked if there will be space for him in the first team next season]

"At the beginning of negotiations with #ManCity, they wanted to loan me. But it was not what I wanted and so I had a preference for Bayern and Barcelona. Last minute, Pep saw my games, he really liked my style, what I did at the World Cup...

"Then a representative at #ManCity asked why I was going to Barça - he managed to get me to the first team at City and play with Pep, and the opportunity to do the pre-season with Guardiola..."

"I had a conversation with him [Pep], at #ManCity after a training session that I watched. He came to talk, welcomed me, was very happy with my choice. He said that I am a great player, that I am very promising...He said I have to practice my English, be better than Gabriel Jesus' when he arrived. He was really, really happy. Then Fernandinho and Gabriel arrived and we talked. I can't wait to be with them. I was a little nervous."

"Fernandinho was the one I had most contact with. I got to have dinner with him. In February he asked me to go to his house. He's a super charismatic guy, always sends me a message - I didn't expect it and I can already say that he's my friend...He has a lot of experience, he left Paraná early, has a great history and I am very happy that he is welcoming me, to open the doors of his house like this for me."
So looks like we have another RB next season? These conversations would have been happening mid- to late-January. He's 18 but would take up a foreign slot for UEFA competitions.

I have no idea if this means we'll have 3 next season or Cancelo is planning on leaving.

Anyway here's the obligatory highlights video so people can post Samaras jokes.

Leave Samaras alone he at least had a sexy pony tail .

Maybe Pep's realising with the lockdown games that we don't need a £50m player for every position if we have a talented kid. Plus maybe the 5 from 9 rule might stay as it's been really positive for all teams.

It would be a pretty bad look for Pep to personally call a kid, stop him going to Barca (who wanted him for their first team) and then kick him to the EDS.

Maybe he just is actually a prodigy?

Eric Garcia was playing games for the first team the season he arrived, and <2 seasons in he's starting. Foden was starting PL games the season of his u17 World Cup win.

Yeah fair enough. I guess it depends on what we think when he means being part of the first team squad. Garcia wasn't really part of the first team squad last year and spent most of it playing for the u18s and EDS. If Couto is okay with that too, then okay. Otherwise he is going to go months without football at times potentially...unless he really is that good!

Fern seems to go over and above in looking after new players, especially from South America. I recall reading that he did this at his previous club too. Not sure what he will want to do when he finishes but he would be an asset to the club in a player liason/welfare role.
Gabby said this a little while ago too:

"When I arrived in Manchester, he and his family did so much," said Jesus. "We used to go over to his house and eat with him, because we didn't know the city well enough to find Brazilian food. We are a very Brazilian family, so we needed that.

"We would also chat, and it helped us start to feel at home here. That was very important. I was 19 years old, in another country with a different culture and a different language. I didn't know anything. It would have been difficult if it wasn't for the people helping me.

"Fernando, who is not at City anymore, also helped. But Fernandinho...I consider him to be a kind of godfather figure for me."

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/wer...support-group-at-man/vz1bsp98k6x15h5gj9y2uaqk

The reality is he will probably spend at least until January playing for the EDS, training with the first team just to get used to the club and the country and after that depends on him.

Yeah fair enough. I guess it depends on what we think when he means being part of the first team squad. Garcia wasn't really part of the first team squad last year and spent most of it playing for the u18s and EDS. If Couto is okay with that too, then okay. Otherwise he is going to go months without football at times potentially...unless he really is that good!
Given that Pep seems to have intervened personally Garcia is probably a pretty good roadmap I'd think. This year he'll do preseason, train with the first team, and get a few minutes in our annual trip through League One in the cup, and the year after he can start to be integrated for real. Assuming Pep isn't managing Juve by then of course.

How will this kid get a work permit to allow him to play with the first team (or the kids)?
Douglas Luiz couldn't get a work permit and that led to his sale.

How will this kid get a work permit to allow him to play with the first team (or the kids)?
Douglas Luiz couldn't get a work permit and that led to his sale.
I’m sure if he’s any good Slur Phalix will play his knight of the realm card and get his permit blocked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.