Yan Couto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good move for him. I thought he believed he will get some chances here but it will be good if he goes to Girona. May be next year. Sad Girona are in second division.

Good move for him. I thought he believed he will get some chances here but it will be good if he goes to Girona. May be next year. Sad Girona are in second division.

Segunda? He's gonna get battered in that league, should've been loaned to a first division side in Europe

As a total aside, I'm not sure exactly what the purpose of Girona is. They just missed promotion last season and this summer the entirety of their business has been a free transfer and a loan. According to transfer market figures there are eight sides in La Liga this year with total squad values of less than €100m. I'm not saying to go out and spend a fortune but we can't buy them a few players so they can get into the first division? Having a mid table Spanish side to send guys like Couto to would be such a good thing.

Last edited:
As a total aside, I'm not sure exactly what the purpose of Girona is. They just missed promotion last season and this summer the entirety of their business has been a free transfer and a loan. According to transfer market figures there are eight sides in La Liga this year with total squad values of less than €100m. I'm not saying to go out and spend a fortune but we can't buy them a few players so they can get into the first division? Having a mid table Spanish side to send guys like Couto to would be such a good thing.
FFS they just lost the play off final in stoppage time so pretty sure it wasn’t for the want of trying. CFG is a business & since Girona have no gate receipts & very little commercial appeal then CFG player loans seem the most sensible option to develop players & try for promotion again. Those who say they know Segunda say it’s a league of lumpers who are as likely to kick opponents as the ball. I’ve no idea about that but expect regular 1st team football is probably as high a level here as anywhere bar City in the CFG.

FFS they just lost the play off final in stoppage time so pretty sure it wasn’t for the want of trying. CFG is a business & since Girona have no gate receipts & very little commercial appeal then CFG player loans seem the most sensible option to develop players & try for promotion again. Those who say they know Segunda say it’s a league of lumpers who are as likely to kick opponents as the ball. I’ve no idea about that but expect regular 1st team football is probably as high a level here as anywhere bar City in the CFG.
Well, again according to transfer marker, last summer they had a negative net spend of €20m and spent €7m the year before, so maybe if CFG could try like, a little harder? I don't claim to even follow them, but it doesn't seem like it'd take much and would have some pretty obvious benefits.

Last edited:
Well, again according to transfer marker, last summer they had a negative net spend of €20m and spent €7 the year before, so maybe if CFG could try like, a little harder? I don't claim to even follow them, but it doesn't seem like it'd take much and would have some pretty obvious benefits.
Are you aware there’s a global pandemic ongoing that’s already cost the global game £11bn+ ?

Whilst financial fair play regs has been diluted they still exist even for Girona & it really makes no sense to lay money out on transfer fees & wages when there is zero chance of getting any money back into the club.

We should be grateful we’ve got this option right now.

Are you aware there’s a global pandemic ongoing that’s already cost the global game £11bn+ ?

Whilst financial fair play regs has been diluted they still exist even for Girona & it really makes no sense to lay money out on transfer fees & wages when there is zero chance of getting any money back into the club.

We should be grateful we’ve got this option right now.
Did the pandemic start last summer and I just wasn't aware?

Did the pandemic start last summer and I just wasn't aware?
If you think the CFG global strategy regarding Girona is broken, ineffective & can be fixed during a global pandemic then please write a very strong letter to The Times or an upper case only email to Khaldoon.

That should do it.

If you think the CFG global strategy regarding Girona is broken, ineffective & can be fixed during a global pandemic then please write a very strong letter to The Times or an upper case only email to Khaldoon.

That should do it.
Are you having a bad day or something? All I'm saying is that it's a little weird to me that CFG hasn't invested much into the club over the last few years, since it doesn't seem like it would take all that much, and you're going off on the pandemic. I don't even follow them, but I think it would be nice to have a team in La Liga to send prospects to. Tranquilo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.