Diego Carlos

Yeah. It's hard to say if he is quite what we ideally need, as in he's not a dominating replacement for Kompany, but if Pep wants a Garcia, he is already what you would want Garcia to become & possibly already better than he will ever be.

If we really want that kind of defender, he seems like it.

Nail on the head there. Like what has been mentioned on BM...the need is a fast, tough, and dominant CB that will come right in and do the job.

He brought Traore down because he chased him all the way from the centre circle and they were toe to toe. None of our CBs would have been anywhere near the Wolves winger. People keep going on about how we need pace due to the high line we play. Well this guy has it in abundance.

He brought Traore down because he chased him all the way from the centre circle and they were toe to toe. None of our CBs would have been anywhere near the Wolves winger. People keep going on about how we need pace due to the high line we play. Well this guy has it in abundance.
Yes but we need that and more today.Ability to read the game and passing ability has to be much better than your average Prem CB.,Aerial ability is a must in our league.Pep can make him better but he has to bring all that to the table.Unsurprisingly Vinny has so far proved a hard act to follow.

I remember Brian Gayle doing the same with Dean Saunders years ago. Followed him all the way down the wing actually, then into the box, then kicked his legs from under him once he was in there.

Still don't know why.

I remember Brian Gayle doing the same with Dean Saunders years ago. Followed him all the way down the wing actually, then into the box, then kicked his legs from under him once he was in there.

Still don't know why.

We did the same thing in a game against Bournemouth many years ago. The whole City team watched an aging Luther Blisset run in injury time from their penalty box into ours before he was brought down.

Still don’t know why.
CTID

I don't like this guy from the handful of games I've watched but he can stay fit for a season unlike Stones and he can stand still faster than Otamendi sprints. Both of those benefits also apply when you compare him to Gimenez.

Far from my first choice but I'd take him in a heartbeat over not signing anyone at all.
Agreed

Is he that fast? I don’t recall the sprint. If he has that in his locker then it would be useful for our defence which is very slow

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.