Diego Carlos

He brought Traore down because he chased him all the way from the centre circle and they were toe to toe. None of our CBs would have been anywhere near the Wolves winger. People keep going on about how we need pace due to the high line we play. Well this guy has it in abundance.
Well maybe it would have been a better idea to cut down Traore before he got in the box, especially as he was alongside him all the way.

We did the same thing in a game against Bournemouth many years ago. The whole City team watched an aging Luther Blisset run in injury time from their penalty box into ours before he was brought down.

Still don’t know why.
CTID
I once watched Michel Vonk (maybe it was Alan Kernaghan) and John Fashanu chase after one of Wimbledon's long balls heading for one of our corner flags. I couldn't believe how slow they both were. I was at an age at that time when I still genuinely thought I could run faster. Anyway, the ball held up just short of the corner flag between the Maine Stand and the North Stand. So they had to go through the motions. By the time both players eventually got to within about five yards of it (still neck and neck, but barely moving) they both made a ridiculous slide for it and ended up in an exhausted tangle on the other side of the touch line. Unlike the examples above, I DO know why they did it; they were knackered and simply couldn't go on. It's the only thing I can remember from that match.

He brought Traore down because he chased him all the way from the centre circle and they were toe to toe. None of our CBs would have been anywhere near the Wolves winger. People keep going on about how we need pace due to the high line we play. Well this guy has it in abundance.
He was beaten for pace by Lukaku. His pace is overstated on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.